Hi,

there is the Leica script logo on the top and the leatherette (Vulcanit)  is different at the Leica MP-6 vrs. the regular Leica MP. If the price is good I would buy the Leica MP-6 immediatley as

i like the design better than the normal Leica MP.

Best Regards,

Moritz

Edited by Moritz
  • Like 1

I agree that the MP6 is a little more desirable than the regular MP but the differences are really quite minor. I don't know how much an MP-6 fetches on eBay but don't forget that you can configure a new a la carte MP with 'vulcanit' and classic engraving for around a £350 premium over the new MP price. Going a la carte also means you can specify framelines and VF magnification too.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

Hi guys the vulcanite like mp6 is no longer available... I wanted to do this modification last month on my m7 . no possible and the new vulcanite is less a beauty, and looks like flat... so I'm disappointed, sharkskin is for the rest of my life  :)

So the mp6 is now more desirable camera!!!

I agree that the MP6 is a little more desirable than the regular MP but the differences are really quite minor. I don't know how much an MP-6 fetches on eBay but don't forget that you can configure a new a la carte MP with 'vulcanit' and classic engraving for around a £350 premium over the new MP price. Going a la carte also means you can specify framelines and VF magnification too.

Edited by janorun974
  • Like 1

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hi Tae Young Lee,

The MP-6 is in my view the best choice compared to the MP:

1. It has history in it as well as being a great camera (not essential but always a cool extra);

2. As noted above, if you order an MP a la carte with the same options as found on the MP-6 it will cost appreciably more than a normal MP;

3.The vulcanite on the MP is absolutely wonderful and no longer available (even in a la carte program) making your MP-6 special;

If the OP is still interested, PM me and I can send you a copy of my article about the MP-6 history for the Leica Society.

It might help you decide if you have not bought one already!   :p

P.S. (the OP has not been back since February it seems, and this thread is reviving itself spontaneously!)

Edited by sumolux
  • Like 1

Here a recent view of the new a la carte vulcanite... I prefer so far let the sharkskin on my m7 now 

yes mp6 indeed, maybe in a future !  :D Sumolux I mailed you for a copy of your document. thanks so much.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Edited by janorun974

• 2 months later...

Hello Guys, if someone wants trade its MP6 for my beautiful MP classic EDITION (full mecanic) in a mint state.

I can add a little money but the twice gear are approximately equals in value... my serial is 4XX/500

thanks.

Edited by janorun974