Fuji Neopan Acros 100 with Silvermax Dev.

underground

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Has anyone developed Neopan Acros 100 with ADOX silvermax developer?

ADOX has listed a few films and times on there website that they recommend but not Neopan. Just thought that combination may produce quality results.   I just developed a roll of silvermax 21 with silvermax developer and they look amazing. (I'll post one later today if anyone is interested)

Thanks in advance.

Dave Mac. 

• Like 1

Adox said on launch that the "dedicated" developer was soft working designed to produce lower contrast and enhance the extended tonality of the film.

I have not had poor results with other developers, XTOL seems to work particularly well stock or 1:1, with Silvermax which I like a lot. 

I would expect slightly reduced contrast if using Silvermax developer with Acros that could be useful for certain lighting but it is an expensive proprietary formula, certainly quality results can be obtained with Acros in a range of developers and there is no reason why the Silvermax should not work well but I can't see it being a stand out quality better.

That said give it a go but to "prove" it you are going to need to compare across developers for the same scenes I contend that your one roll of quality so far would have been of equal quality in a "standard" developer unless you are going to do some testing you will not know for sure.

I also agree let's see the results I have not used the dedicated developer, I usually mix my own developers and although a good idea of the formula can be gleaned from the published MDS, which by the way shows nothing special in developers and probably relies on careful pH control for its softness, I see no reason to try and duplicate it.

Yes I will put my neck out and post examples.  Four developers all on Silvermax.

22186848273_d13ee470a5.jpg

Silvermax Pyrocat HD 1:1:100 16mins semi stand

8976087211_b5cbe01711.jpg

Silvermax D23 8 mins

20768983079_a67a5c71e9.jpg

Silvermax XTOL stock 7mins 

10049660333_6697fbeff6.jpg

TD-201 (Anchell & Troop) two bath A3mins B3mins

Edited by chris_livsey
  • Like 2

I don't want to monopolise the thread but here are a couple on Acros with the TD-201 for comparison:

9699760748_5c3c1d94cd.jpg

13283776665_5124d51300.jpg

The dreamy look is a 50mm Nikkor f1.2 wide open on an F2 body

A bit spotty as this was 20 rolls into a batch of TD-201

Thank you, Chris. The TD-201 looks good.

Also Developed some Foma Retropan with Rodinal 50+1 for 11 Min. They cam out way too thin. 1st time with this film.  I'll post some of those as well this afternoon as I'm stuck at the office Now.

Presumably 1+50  ;)  The Massive Dev app does show it at 11.00 min, 20deg C when exposed at ISO 320.  It is described as offering "very delicate soft tones perfect for a range of applications where a soft 'retro' look is desired", so it will be interesting to see how your scans are.

Dave Mac,

Test shots without wet prints one can forget. If possible, please take pictures in good weather (blue sky, clouds, yellow filter). Only by means of scans of the wet prints one can decide whether this is a viable film and developer combination.

Thank you in advance.

Best, Leicanerd.

"Delicate soft tones" are possible it can quite robust as well, mainly the grain is the Retro bit.

They may look thin will probably scan well.

If you hang a roll next to say HP5+ or any "modern" film the lower contrast, easily mistaken for "thinness" perhaps, is immediately obvious, scanning though does tend to bring the contrast back.

I agree on wet prints, I must make some time, regrettably not done so recently, the lower contrast and tones would be more obvious.

There is a Retropan group on Flickr:

https://www.flickr.com/groups/2835476@N25/

Retropan in Pyrocat HD 1:1:100

20819994195_bb21dbb77d.jpg

20115645863_1db87e440e.jpg

Edited by chris_livsey
  • Like 2