Pavement pedestrians !!!

the warrior

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Sorry, I try to translate well .... :rolleyes: :D

We are all crazy?.
In my search for the sidewalks of Madrid meeting strange people, I look and I see walkers soulless, pedestrians pavement people who have no mind.

This woman kneeling in front of a shop window, she is praying to the cakes !!! :wub: :wub: :wub:  :unsure: :wacko: :blink: :o

s2954_zpslxkjr4fu.jpg

People are looking ....

s2953_zpsxx57ic6c.jpg

• Like 3

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I thought the idea of commenting on photos was to do so in a positive manner if the photo appeals, but to remain silent if the image doesn't do it for you. Negative comments can lead to people thinking twice about posting here, and that has a negative impact on the site. I don't think twice about posting anymore, more like twice doubled!

• Like 1

Steve -

I don't think that's the rule.  

Constructive comments are often more valuable than positive ones.  Nobody is perfect and we all want to improve.  Over the many years that I have been on this forum and been growing as a photographer, the constructive comments have helped me the most.  The 'I Like Film" thread, which is the among the best and most viewed threads on the forum, is filled with unsolicited constructive comments.  I happen to love it, as do the dozens of other subscribers and regular participants.

Clearly, personal attacks and jabs are out of bounds.  And this forum is an oasis in this regard.

Jhon knows that I have great respect for him as a photographer and that I am just giving him my own perspective.  

And I have no hesitation to let him, you and others know when I like something and the reasons why.

I am not sure why you are so sensitive.  Most photos that are posted on this forum get more than their fair share of positive comments.  Constructive comments are really not that common.    

Best,

Adam

• Like 2

I thought the idea of commenting on photos was to do so in a positive manner if the photo appeals, but to remain silent if the image doesn't do it for you. Negative comments can lead to people thinking twice about posting here, and that has a negative impact on the site. I don't think twice about posting anymore, more like twice doubled!

I like a lot when I hear critiques about what you "forum members" critique an image Steve, whether the image is mine or someone's else, it makes me look at it in different way and that's good. of course, critique should come in a constructive way, and Adam is keen in that. He corrected my PP or cropping too many times:-)

• Like 2

Sorry, I try to translate well .... :rolleyes::D

We are all crazy?.

In my search for the sidewalks of Madrid meeting strange people, I look and I see walkers soulless, pedestrians pavement people who have no mind.

This woman kneeling in front of a shop window, she is praying to the cakes !!! :wub: :wub: :wub:  :unsure::wacko::blink::o

s2954_zpslxkjr4fu.jpg

People are looking ....

s2953_zpsxx57ic6c.jpg

Almost unreal John. Great capture John. I can see 2 images only, but it seems you've posted more, but I don't see images in the 3rd and art post of yours. I agree with Adam on the blurry effect, wish you can show us a version without it. Happy Valentine :-)

• Like 2

Happy Valentine's Day to you all.

I think it's good to hear all the criticism, I think people do it, I usually want to read all constructive criticism, I'm glad the friends of this forum and I like to hang my pictures here.

Photos by photographer CAN NOT please everyone, that would be crazy :o :lol:

I think we all do here constructive criticism, my problem is the language, do not read well what is said, so way in the belief that everything is good and I thank all of his effort to understand me.

You are all great photographers, and learn from each other, that's good.

This forum is great :)

I know other forums where people quickly gets his M-16 and shoot around the world lol, this does not happen I think.

The completion of the image, and other image I have in my flickr is that "I see" people like that, some people, not all :p

Regards.

Jhon, you have an individual style and it's a pleasure to view your work.

Having read the 'constructive' criticism I do hope you put it to one side and carry on taking photographs the way it pleases you, and others like me. To do otherwise could result in you taking photographs to please others rather than to please yourself, with a tendency to homogenise photography to a common base. There's too much of this on Flickr already, where people submit photographs of a certain style and content to elicit positive 'faves'. There's a tendency within human nature to follow what we perceive to be popular, whereas art in my opinion should be free for experimentation and self expression. If someone doesn't like your work, so what. I visit art galleries and some of what I see doesn't do it for me, but I don't leave post-it notes saying so!

• Like 1

Jhon, you have an individual style and it's a pleasure to view your work.

Having read the 'constructive' criticism I do hope you put it to one side and carry on taking photographs the way it pleases you, and others like me. To do otherwise could result in you taking photographs to please others rather than to please yourself, with a tendency to homogenise photography to a common base. There's too much of this on Flickr already, where people submit photographs of a certain style and content to elicit positive 'faves'. There's a tendency within human nature to follow what we perceive to be popular, whereas art in my opinion should be free for experimentation and self expression. If someone doesn't like your work, so what. I visit art galleries and some of what I see doesn't do it for me, but I don't leave post-it notes saying so!

Steve - not sure what tree you are barking up here.  All I was simply saying in the first photo is that the concept that Jhon had indicated that he envisioned was not coming through to me on my screen.  I told him that I thought his approach was BRILLIANT.  How is this in any trying to force him into a mold???  All I was doing was telling him that the mold that he has chosen for himself is BRILLIANT (and this is "brilliant" in the American rarely used sense, not in the British sense in which it is used in every pother sentence) but that for whatever reason it just wasn't coming through to me as effectively as he might like.

I would argue that it is YOU who is trying to fit me into your mold of wanting me to act like every OP's mother and tell them how wonderful and brilliant their photos are.   There is plenty of that here and on Flickr, even more so than the over-contrasty "street photos" of nothing  :ph34r:

• Like 1

You can not imagine that I very much agree with their praise in general.

I never want false acknowledgments, I want nothing false, just looking to do my pictures on my photographs people can review, comment is generous and appreciated.

Freedom of expression is a big deal at the moment "let us" do, freedom of taking pictures is much larger.

The new universal language is photography, the former universal language was mathematics, this says a Harvard study.

Naturally I make my style of photography, that we must do all of us, if we do our thing we do is wrong, we should not do things to please others in this area, we must be original.

True, social networks are full of garbage imitators, mindless garbage, but it's there .... missing a lot of knowledge, people think that photography is not a profession, believe it is the push of a button and ready, it's false.

Greetings to you all my friends from Madrid-Spain.

• Like 2