Oh, the joy!

sumolux

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hello all, 

Just sharing: I had the great luck to find a Leica P 2002 slide projector as out of the box new. 

Even the guarantee card was in there, plastic sealed objective, new carry case....

What a magnificent projector at 10 kilo's, the build is wonderful German technical overkill...I am tickled pink with it !

One of the most physically pleasurable moments was the wonderful 'new' smell that it emantated while looking at the first slides as the glowing lamp heated up the interior for the first time.....Kinda like that nice smell of a new car  :p

Yes....I know..I must be a real nerd.

Edited by sumolux
  • Like 2

.....not unlike the feeling when I unboxed and installed a new old stock 1966 Studebaker black push button AM radio. Clean crisp sound, as new. Nothing beats being the First user of an Antique!

Hope you will receive still AM radio stations for a long time.
Here the last ones gave up in 2015:

Even FM should be switched off as soon as possible, if the radio bosses could decide alone.

Are there converters available, which transform digital radio signals for old AM/FM receivers?
Edited by Guest

As a lad I worked in a radio store adjacent to Moorgate Underground Station, one day a London bus plowed through the store front and opened up a basement nobody knew about..

We found early Noble electric kettles, Bowl Fires and boxes of headphones, plus probably lots more things I cannot remember.. 

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Why? Just curious.

Neither techie nor an expert but have heard for many years - especially when traveling - the news broadcasts of European and American radio stations on AM (shortwave, medium wave and long wave - if available).
What remained are only remnants of the BBC World Service.

In Germany from 2025 DAB+ (Digital Audio Broadcasting Plus) should replace completely all FM broadcasting.
The population is encouraged to necessary purchases of new radio equipment by these arguments:

- Better technical quality of broadcasting by less interferences and greater frequency range.
- More radio stations as on FM.
- Additional information on the display of DAB+ broadcasting receiver.
- Radio reception of DAB+ also possible by mobile phones.

Many listeners - myself included - are these developments very skeptical about:
For example, the previously available mobile DAB+ radios are bulkier than the beautiful little world radio receivers built by Sony, Aiwa or Grundig and also consume more battery power.
Not really amusing.

Well... (all another field out of Forum, indeed :rolleyes: )... in December I felt a similar mood when discovered, in a sport shop of my town, a pair of Rossignol Strato 102 Skis , brand new, 207 cm, an iconic racing model of 1970... the shop owner told me they weren't for sale... :(

I used this ski Rossignol Strato102 for years and next changed for K2's after  I have seen a trio of US acrobatic ski team show ...

Turning to Leica I found a Pradovit 2000 at "Emmaus", a community making its living selling items that people thru away, for 5 euros  :)

• Like 1

It's great listening to radio stations all over the world by internet streaming.

FM has been always important for local areas around the transmitters.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!