T with Leica vs Non brand adaptor on manual lens

Yuhau

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I have a no brand R to T  adaptor .  I can bring up all the shooting modes  ( P, A, S and Scenes ) on the  shooting menu. Also the two dial wheel works. 

While when I use a Leica brand  M to T adaptor . I can only bring out A and M mode on the shooting menu .

Am I getting a Bargain for using Non Leica adaptor ?

Both of you are right .

Actually I found the S mode works  with the left wheel for focus aid ( meaning magnify ) and the right wheel for shutter speed under the non brand one ( no electronic contacts ) . while the Leica Brand adaptor didn't even give me that option. Of course it means set the aperture from the lens ( M or R  lens ) first and adjust the desired speed with the right wheel and while put the ISO as auto and see the EV bars  on the bottom left for exposure results.  Putting that aside .

Actually, may be I was not direct enough.  I was thinking Leica should not have give me any menu if I wasn't using the Leica M to T adaptor but to give  the many " confusion" options. 

Point I want to make, was the firmware 1.5 was still very buggy even after so many upgrades.   :(

I am using Novoflex adapter to use my Nikkor lenses (MF), and since there is no electronic contact, I can only use in A mode and the left dial for the focusing magnifier. The right dial is completely useless!!!... But I wish it wasn't! I wish I could use the right dial for changing ISO; or, any other function to change the exposure! ...

If Leica comes with a new firmware to allow me using the right dial with non-leica manual lenses, I would be really happy!

• Like 1