Leica X Typ 113 - Where is the Love?

leicadude

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hi guys,

I am looking to upgrade my X1 to gain some speed. The X Typ 113 and it seems like a logical choice. I love the idea of the 1.7. I like the fixed lens and faster focusing. It looks great. Now, I have read about every review I could find (not that many out there) and it seems there is no overwhelming love for the camera. Not the excitement I would expect. The stopping down of the max aperture at closer focus business does not bother me at all. I trust what they did. It seems like it will do everything the X1 did, but even better and faster! What am I missing?  :unsure:

Thanks in advance!

Rudy

Hi guys,

I am looking to upgrade my X1 to gain some speed. The X Typ 113 and it seems like a logical choice. I love the idea of the 1.7. I like the fixed lens and faster focusing. It looks great. Now, I have read about every review I could find (not that many out there) and it seems there is no overwhelming love for the camera. Not the excitement I would expect. The stopping down of the max aperture at closer focus business does not bother me at all. I trust what they did. It seems like it will do everything the X1 did, but even better and faster! What am I missing?  :unsure:

Thanks in advance!

Rudy

AGREE!  Get it!  It is terrific.

• Like 1

I agree with the previous comments but Leica is really neglecting the camera regarding firmware updates. The camera is available over a year now and the firmware is still 1.0. The image quality is really nice but the speed is ok and Leica could easily improve that via firmware update. 

• Like 1

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I am about to travel and choosing a camera from my closet between RX1R, XE 2 and X 113. The former two will offer things that the X113 doesn't. In the case of the RX1R, full frame and slightly wider FOV (it is about 32mm equiv). The XE 2 has a great kit lens so I get 28-70 FOV.  I love the X 113, and that will go with me this trip.  The auto stopping down is not an issue.  You still get nice subject isolation if you want that.  I find it easy to keep the stopping down to f2.2 as it is based on distance from subject.  Even at f2.8 it is like earlier X models and those cameras make beautiful images as well.

David

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I agree with the previous comments but Leica is really neglecting the camera regarding firmware updates. The camera is available over a year now and the firmware is still 1.0. The image quality is really nice but the speed is ok and Leica could easily improve that via firmware update. 

Leica seems to be neglecting the whole X family, no firmware update for any X camera. Shame on you Leica!

I spent quite a few EUROs on the X1 and the XVario and while I see other Leica cameras receiving firmware updates, nothing new for years for my cameras. Leica could learn from Fuji!