What's that ?

Pecole

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Today, I do not offer, but ask for information. Going through my collection's photos, I found these two ones without a caption...and I am unable to find a reference, even in Laney. The only indications are the engravings 13352 (code of a graduated filter) and P (for polaroid filter) on the rotating base. Help!

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Today, I do not offer, but ask for information. Going through my collection's photos, I found these two ones without a caption...and I am unable to find a reference, even in Laney. The only indications are the engravings 13352 (code of a graduated filter) and P (for polaroid filter) on the rotating base. Help!

Try page 397 of Dennis Laney's Leica Collector's Guide.

Try page 397 of Dennis Laney's Leica Collector's Guide.

Thank you, Matlock, it gives me part of the answer : my pivoting mount is well a 13352 polarizing filter for M Leicas. What is still puzzling me is the "lens hood" part : it does appear in neither the Laney's description or illustration.

Thank you, Matlock, it gives me part of the answer : my pivoting mount is well a 13352 polarizing filter for M Leicas. What is still puzzling me is the "lens hood" part : it does appear in neither the Laney's description or illustration.

I have one. However the polarizing lens has separated which I believe is a common occurrence with these polarizers. They often crop up on eBay and most have that problem.

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Yes that is one but it has the dreaded separation, so don't buy it. It is still usable but it will degrade your pictures.

• Like 1

Pierre there are 2 model, I have 2 that are for the Summicron (E39) 13352 and one other for the Summilux.(E43) 13351

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 1

But it did have this hood as standard. That is precisely my original swing-out polfilter as I owned years ago.

Hello Pierre,

When you put the 13352 filter on any A42 lens & orient it so the "P" is at the top (looking from above) & lock it in place: The filter w/ lens hood will swing right up so you can look thru the filter with the range/viewfinder & rotate the filter to get the polarizing effect that you want.

You can then swing the filter/lens hood back down & "click" it into place to take a photo with the filter properly oriented.

Another well thought out nifty device from the Wizards of Wetzlar.

Best Regards, 

Michael

Edited by Michael Geschlecht

Hello Pierre,

When you put the 13352 filter on any A42 lens & orient it so the "P" is at the top (looking from above) & lock it in place: The filter w/ lens hood will swing right up so you can look thru the filter with the range/viewfinder & rotate the filter to get the polarizing effect that you want.

You can then swing the filter/lens hood back down & "click" it into place to take a photo with the filter properly oriented.

Best Regards, 

Michael

A beautiful piece of equipment. It is just such a shame that so many suffer from separation.

Pierre there are 2 model, I have 2 that are for the Summicron (E39) 13352 and one other for the Summilux.(E43) 13351

Thank you, Jean-Claude. Mine is similar to yours for Summicron (13352). The table in Laney 2 (page 397) is quite confusing, but your illustration (with the 13351 box and its image) confirms that finally, both vesions look alike, except the diameter.

• Like 1

Hello Pierre,

Best Regards, 

Michael

Thank you, Michael : your explanation re the P engraving is enlightening and completes my information. I knew all that...40 years ago, when I used the filter on my M4, and all responses I got to my request for help confirmed that age is definitely affecting memory! Fortunately enough, Leica friends are there to compensate.