Focus peaking

ynp

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I have been shooting the SL with some Leica m glass for the last two days. I ticked the field Focus Peaking/ Red, but I cannot see the red edges while focusing. I checked it with my Konica Dual 21-35mm. and Leica Elmarit 28mm. ASPH. At the same time I see the red edges when I shoot with our T zoom

What can be the problem? Please note that I do not own an M240 and have zero experience with the Leica peaking.

Thanks.

Yevgeny

Edited by ynp

If you're seeing it with the T zoom this may not be the explanation, but it's worth mentioning anyway just in case.  You need to make sure you are in the correct view mode for focus peeking, not just that you have it turned on.  Cycle through the various view modes by pressing the bottom right button on the back of the SL.  The one for focus peeking is the one immediately after the histogram view.

- Jared

• Like 2

If you're seeing it with the T zoom this may not be the explanation, but it's worth mentioning anyway just in case. You need to make sure you are in the correct view mode for focus peeking, not just that you have it turned on. Cycle through the various view modes by pressing the bottom right button on the back of the SL. The one for focus peeking is the one immediately after the histogram view.

- Jared

Jared,

Thank you for your advice. :-)

I unsuccessfully customized the buttons and lost peaking in the process. After the reset, I found my focus peaking precisely there, on the bottom right button.

Stupid me!

Yevgeny

• Like 1