Leica SL Half Case.

Tinchohs

Hi.

Where did you buy it?

I am living in Europe, and can´t find a distributor.

Your help is most appreciated.

They have a website, that you can buy directly from, artidemano.com. That site is great if you can read Korean. The web site lists a few highly reliable (Cathay, Leica Miami, for example) international distributors. However, the easiest way to buy from arti de mano is actually from their official eBay store, which I think is JnK-handworks or something after searching my email archives. Just message them details of what you want. I've bought a couple of cases and 1 strap over the years. Cases are phenomenally good, I like them a little better than my cases by Luigi and some other competitors. I find their standard straps a bit short (although I'm fairly tall), although they will customize those as well.

• Like 1

Hi.

Where did you buy it?

I am living in Europe, and can´t find a distributor.

Your help is most appreciated.

I bought from their ebay site since their website only Korean, just search "arte di mano SL case", their ebay name is evernjoy. 

• Like 1

• 9 months later...

For anyone who has purchased the arte di mano case, how difficult is it to slide the SL 601 from the case (when changing battery or removing the flash card)?  

Thanks,

Rob

It has tripod screw locked at the bottom, you have to use coin to unscrew it if you want to take it off. For changing the battery, they have battery door as optional.

• Like 1

It has tripod screw locked at the bottom, you have to use coin to unscrew it if you want to take it off. For changing the battery, they have battery door as optional.

My concern was more along the lines of the friction created by the surface of the SL when meeting the interior "felt" (?) of the case. I tried one at my local shop (they only had one in stock) - it did not have a battery door - and removal of the camera was quite difficult. Very, very snug. I am wondering whether I was trying a case that had shrunken, or been cut a little too tightly for the SL, and/or whether the case loosens in time. The struggle to remove the case to remove the battery was just too overwhelming to make it practical to use on a regular basis.  (I have used the Arte di Mano case on a T and a Q and there were no such issue).

Anyone have a similar experience to mine?

Thanks.

I've had no problems removing mine, its snug, which is good, just not overly so. I have the battery door option and back cover. I just wish the card was accessible so the case didn't need to come off at all. 

Yes, I suspect something was off with the one I had tried. Thanks.

Rob

Just received the half case from arte di mano, very pleased, beautifully made and fit like a glove. I'm a happy customer  :)

Hi there - what colour is your case.  Is it black, or is that a grey?  Looks beautiful by the way.

Do you find it fine to use, i.e. it doesn't reduce the excellent ergonomics of the SL?

Hi there - what colour is your case.  Is it black, or is that a grey?  Looks beautiful by the way.

Do you find it fine to use, i.e. it doesn't reduce the excellent ergonomics of the SL?

Hi,

My chose of color is Pueblo Black with battery door option, the leather is nice, it's kind like scratched leather with matte finish. They have lots variant of colors and finish, if the price doesn't so high I would love to buy one or two more, their case just simply beautiful.

The ergonomic even better if you have medium to large hands, I'm the one who baby my gears so the case helps me to take better pictures ;)