Leica SL Half Case.

Tinchohs

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hi, I'm wondering if anyone has come across a Leica SL half case worth sharing. I got used to them since the M8, and kind of miss it now in the SL, although never before I used them in any of my SLRs. I have not found anything yet. I heard Arte Di Mano is developing one, and I would guess others are too. Thanks so much. m. 

I've been using Luigi's on my M's. The fit has not been really up to par in one of them. Beyond that I ike their cases. I was not aware they already had a half case. Thanks so much John.

I received my case after his initial production round and find the case to be very precisely cut, on par with my Arte di Mano for M which honestly has taken the top spot in half cases in my opinion. I also got mine with a removable back label and have been pleased with that decision. Finally, the genius wrist strap really is the finishing touch, perfect thickness for the girthy SL.

• Like 1

Finally, the genius wrist strap really is the finishing touch, perfect thickness for the girthy SL.

Near, thanks for the update. Do you have pictures of the case with the wrist strap? I could be interested in it. I don't think Luigi has images of it yet. I do love having the back screen covered in my M, so I would do the same with the SL. 

Near, thanks for the update. Do you have pictures of the case with the wrist strap? I could be interested in it. I don't think Luigi has images of it yet. I do love having the back screen covered in my M, so I would do the same with the SL. 

This page has pictures of the case and wrist strap:

http://www.leicatime.com/a000-CasesLeicaSL-S2.htm

• Like 1

As the official US distributor, we are actively working with Arte Di Mano on developing half cases for the SL (Typ 601). We've already provided them an SL to create a pattern. The early designs look great and we expect to have the final cases soon. 

• 2 weeks later...

i just got my SL and I m considering the Italian Angelo pelle case, i have already the angelo  Q case and i m very happy (also price look very competitive considering how costly are usually accessories for Leica  and especially cases)

this is the link from their site: 

http://angelo-pelle.com/half-case-leica-sl-typ-601.html

Angelo Pelle and Arte di Mano have half cases for the SL now... they both look very nice.  The AdM case has a flap over the battery compartment that is secured by a magnet. Not sure about that bit... like will the flap wear out from repeatedly being opened and closed?  Just crossed my mind is all

• 1 month later...

Just received the half case from arte di mano, very pleased, beautifully made and fit like a glove. I'm a happy customer  :)

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 2

Arai,

The case looks really nice!  Am I correct in that it appears that, when attached, there is no tripod mounting hold available? (Don't know that I'd ever mount it on a tripod in the case, but thought I'd ask). :-)

I have Luigi's case. It is beautiful and well made. My main complain is that there is no tripod hole and you have to remove the case to change battery or get get the SD card. I like his design for MP where you can remove card and batteries without taking the case off. I think I will switch to AdM but it looks like there is no way to get to SD card slot without removing the case either. AP looks nice but same problem like Luigi's from what I can tell. 

My camofluge strap.  

26184279471_7e00606b3b_c.jpgL1002319 by sillbeers15, on Flickr

I like the strap sillbeers, what brand?

Arai,

The case looks really nice!  Am I correct in that it appears that, when attached, there is no tripod mounting hold available? (Don't know that I'd ever mount it on a tripod in the case, but thought I'd ask). :-)

There is a tripod hole, arte di mano forgot to include me the screw with tripod mount so no need to remove the case when using tripod, check their website or ebay site.

I have Luigi's case. It is beautiful and well made. My main complain is that there is no tripod hole and you have to remove the case to change battery or get get the SD card. I like his design for MP where you can remove card and batteries without taking the case off. I think I will switch to AdM but it looks like there is no way to get to SD card slot without removing the case either. AP looks nice but same problem like Luigi's from what I can tell. 

It has battery door but yes you need to take off the case to remove the SD card

• Like 2