Holy sh*t values/prices

pico

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Cruising the market place and I am floored, stunned by a couple items, in particular the lens shade for 75mm Summilux version 1. It is apparently the same for one Noctilux.

It's just a chunk of plastic!

Yes it's a outrageous far too expensive piece of plastic, but this can be expanded to thousands of other things and services.

Or does anyone really think he will pay only the costs of electricity and maintenance, if he wants to drive only once by an elevator of a skyscraper?

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Apologies in advance for going off-topic but.....

By the way...

gallery_30932_5303_135367.jpg

:p

I don't remember good, maybe it was a Velvia in a Nikon (at that time I haven't the Leica yet)

Nice Rosewood Tele!

Is it one of the recently re-issued Japanese versions? V. Sweet in any case.

And the LP is not without interest either!

It sort-of appears to be R0 Historic Spec (Double-ring Klusons; ABR-1 etc.) but the 'guard seems to be USA-line spec.

We Need Details of Both, Please, Ileo!

Pip.

EDIT : Is the Lester a Burny?

Edited by pippy

Yes it's a outrageous far too expensive piece of plastic, but this can be expanded to thousands of other things and services.

Or does anyone really think he will pay only the costs of electricity and maintenance, if he wants to drive only once by an elevator of a skyscraper?

I feel the "dare to dream exhibit" should be renamed the "don't want to pay for a higher floor exhibit"  :)

Edited by michaelwj

Damn, $85 to get on the top. It's easier to go visit Adam in his office, lol.

Thank God in Leipzig you only pay Euros 3 to get on the top of the Hochhause.

Apologies in advance for going off-topic but.....

Nice Rosewood Tele!

Is it one of the recently re-issued Japanese versions? V. Sweet in any case.

And the LP is not without interest either!

It sort-of appears to be R0 Historic Spec (Double-ring Klusons; ABR-1 etc.) but the 'guard seems to be USA-line spec.

We Need Details of Both, Please, Ileo!

Pip.

EDIT : Is the Lester a Burny?

Also apologies for my post.

Yep Pippy, a '89 MIJ Tele, actually I've just sold. The other one is a 1981 Burny Super Grade FLG90. I assure you it plays almost like a real '59, but it costs about... 50 times less ;)

Cruising the market place and I am floored, stunned by a couple items, in particular the lens shade for 75mm Summilux version 1. It is apparently the same for one Noctilux.

Look on the bright side there is a 12466 on ebay at the moment with an asking price of over £800 - your needs are somewhat cheaper - less than half is being asked :)

If the aim is simply to get a hood then buying a 60mm to 62mm step up ring will give access to numerous cheap lens hoods (rubber/plastic/metal) which will work - not sure that this is the point though.....

At the risk of getting lynched, it should be obvious that valuations in collector markets are totally different from those in user markets. The purest way of determining the collector market price is to hold an auction and let the market decide.  If you just want a hood of any kind to use you can get a cheaper substitute or even make one out of paper for a few cents/pence as has been pointed out. If you want to get a complete 75mm 1.4 lens with hood and box you can try here https://www.aceoptics.co.uk/used-leica-75mm-f1-4-summilux-s10951.html. I have no connection with the shop but I have bought a few items from them over the years. I had this one in my hand last year and I told the owner that if I wanted a 75mm 1.4 (which I did not) I could get one much cheaper from the Eurozone. Sterling purchases are way too expensive for those of us in the Eurozone right now. Even collectors can be price sensitive.

William

I am to blame for the upward movement of prices on used Leica equipment... It is the story of my life: when I take an interest in something, prices begin to move upward; when I take a mind to sell something, the bottom falls out of the market. I apologize for my recent keen interest in Leica equipment. Please forgive me :)

P.S. I will give warning if I take a mind to start selling stuff.

• Like 1

Wayne is our canary! :p I felt the same, but looking back twenty years I did the right thing buying Summilux lenses when I did. (I have gone through three 35mm Summilux and four shades since 1971 and due for another shade.)

Just a note that I have two lens shades for the 75mm Summilux, both reasonably priced after-market. One is even vented to give a better view. Cannot remember where I found them. :(

Damn, $85 to get on the top. It's easier to go visit Adam in his office, lol.

Thank God in Leipzig you only pay Euros 3 to get on the top of the Hochhause.

Probably in Leipzig three Euros are better invested for a small beer at "Auerbach's Cellar"... :)