Leica IIIc variations - 2

Pecole

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Better late than never : here is the second part of the proposed "Leica IIIc variations". And there will be a third and last part, since attachments volume limitations do not allow enclosing all selected photos. I propose to close the "wartime-first model" part with the three first photos :

- a "normal" IIIc nº 375514 with red blind

- a gray IIIc with a VIOOH viewfinder engraved "W.haven" and the nazi eagle, and the special ESFUS leather case

- and the VIOOH engraving in detail.

Coming to the post-war, second model, I do not believe useful to describe, illustrate or comment current samples. I will limit myself to detail the rarest of all the Leica IIIc in my Fontenelle Collection : the black paint nº 509174. When it joined my collection, coming in a completely fitted ETGUS case for camera and five lenses, I rushed to Brussels Leica representative to ask for genuineness. The only answer I got (after 4 weeks) was : "This camera was delivered on special order".

Unfortunately, the body, in relatively good condition, had been added - certainly not professionally - a small flash contact on the right front.

The ETGUS case included, next Elmar 35, 50 and 90 mm (this last in black finish), a Summitar and a black Hektor 135, three corresponding hoods (FOOKH, FIKUS and SOOPD), a VIOOH viewfinder, four each filters slip-on A36 and screw-in Summitar and three film cassettes in alu containers.

Photos will speak for themselves.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 1

Have you been able to quantify the survival rates for various Pre war Leica camera models?

When you write "Pre war", Ambro51, do you mean "wartime"? If so, No, I don't know...and never tried to.

Pecole,

OMG....I am surprised you did not die from a heart attack after that last find.....!

A box of dreams...

Well, if you read my answer to J.C. Braconi under "IIIc variations - 1", you will know that I effectively had a heart attack. But let's be serious : it had nothing to do with my "dream box". Thanks for your interest and enthusiasm.

Mate, the ESFUS case is horrible but if one thinks it contains the camera with the VIOOH mounted, is great. I think I'll have to get one sooner or later :D

Since you seem to love the ESFUS, Ileo, here is one more photo. And good luck in your quest for one (not too easy to find, as I remember)

Here is mine EFUS, and also another one with some similarities, (does anibody  know it´s code name?)

Good day everybody!

Two questions to, (for instance) the titans:

1 - Where can I get a codeword index for Leica cases,  EQBOO, ESOOG, etc, as it is not present in Hove Collectors Books, and masters, vg. Lager, Laney ad. alt. do not  offer that information.

2 - I have a strange case for sm camera, not bm camera because there is no  transparency for the rear display (ISO ASA), but IS  the classic interior pocket for notes, is wider than usual and the body fixing screw is a clearly excêntric. What kind of case is it?

I can show some photos for comparison.
Thank you very much.

Good day everybody!

Two questions to, (for instance) the titans:

1 - Where can I get a codeword index for Leica cases,  EQBOO, ESOOG, etc, as it is not present in Hove Collectors Books, and masters, vg. Lager, Laney ad. alt. do not  offer that information.

2 - I have a strange case for sm camera, not bm camera because there is no  transparency for the rear display (ISO ASA), but IS  the classic interior pocket for notes, is wider than usual and the body fixing screw is a clearly excêntric. What kind of case is it?

I can show some photos for comparison.
Thank you very much.

First, Antonio, at least Dennis Laney is providing full information on all kinds of cases. Second, at first sight, your case is an EFOOS for Leica Ig with FOKOS rangefinder attached. It looks too high to be the ENOOR for IIIg and collapsible lens and too low and especially with too flat "nose" to be an EDFOO for IIIg with Leicameter attached.

• Like 1

First, Antonio, at least Dennis Laney is providing full information on all kinds of cases. Second, at first sight, your case is an EFOOS for Leica Ig with FOKOS rangefinder attached. It looks too high to be the ENOOR for IIIg and collapsible lens and too low and especially with too flat "nose" to be an EDFOO for IIIg with Leicameter attached.

1 - Shame on me! I behave like any lazy student that, instead of studying the books, ask unnecessary questions.

2 - I think your first sight is very accurate, EFOOS looks the correct guess, but unfortunately, as I do not have Ig in my collection, so I can´t try. 

Edited by Antonio Madureira