Leica D Vario Elmarit 1:2,8 to 1:3,5; 14-50mm stuck (Kit-Lens Digilux 3)

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hello

I have this marvellous lens and a Digilux 3 (and a Oly E-300).

The only "flaw" of the camera: it somehow fuses with the hands and it takes a lot to put it back into the camera bag ;-)

However, the lens has a more severe flaw, it allows zooming just from 14mm to approximately 21mm. Then there is something blocking the zoom ring.

I already disassembled the lens (remove the 2cm wide rubber ring, unscrew the 5 screws, then try to fix the screws underneath it). Sadly, it didn't work.

Any ideas how to get the lens up and running again? It's still working perfectly as a near-prime (14-21mm isn't a lot). Did I miss anything? And what is Leica telling about that flaw (found numerous reports about that flaw).

I still have the oly 14-50mm (3.5-5.6) and 40-150mm (3.5-4.5) (the old ones), which work quite well on the leica Digilux 3 as well, yet it would be really nice to have the leica camera and lens working together as intended.

Any ideas?

(I know, I could post in the german part of the forum aswell, I'm from austria), but I expect more help in the english part of the board)

Edited by pop
Fixed the model name

Advertisement (gone after registration)

5. you can see three more screws on the inner barrel of the lens. In my case, all these screws were loose

And here is the problem. These 3 screws were wonderfully tight. I was able to loosen them a bit and retighten them, the only result was, that I lost another 2-3mm focal length (It doesn't really matter, if I can zoom from 14 to 23 or to 21mm).

I've read other postings where people described that dismantling it to this point and tighten the screws did not help, so my guess is, that there is something else blocking the zoom ring.

Oh, and I did not use the glue. I think, that this stuff should not be anywhere near a lens.

• 7 years later...