Leica M7 Battery?

Hi Manuele,

You need 2 batteries Lithium CR1/3N , mine Varta brand Professional

and look at page 12 in the user manual

http://www.summilux.net/documents/LeicaM7-Notice.pdf

It's very easy.  You put a battery, you go up the battery inside the compartment

+ down , and you put the second in the same manner , in pressing slightly ,

so that 2 batteries are aligned and you close the cover by turning until you

feel the resistance.

Good photos Manuele and don't forget to share your pictures with us in "Other

"I like Film"

http://www.l-camera-forum.com/topic/205842-i-like-filmopen-thread/page-516

B&w and color of film is nicer than digital in the artistic sense

Best

Henry

Edited by Doc Henry

• 3 months later...

I use 4 SR44s as CR1/3N are impossible to find. A bit tricky to load but they are available. However they don't last as long, and often the quality is not as good especially in China and India so you need to be careful of leaking.

Edited by Soden

I use 4 SR44s as CR1/3N are impossible to find. A bit tricky to load but they are available. However they don't last as long, and often the quality is not as good especially in China and India so you need to be careful of leaking.

Exactly my experience - I also use almost exclusively the everywhere available SR44 batteries and always have a fresh pack of spares with me, as these die always in the worst moments - that's the nice thing about the MP/M6, you can just keep shooting ;-)

Exactly my experience - I also use almost exclusively the everywhere available SR44 batteries and always have a fresh pack of spares with me, as these die always in the worst moments - that's the nice thing about the MP/M6, you can just keep shooting ;-)

I take a different approach. Though I have a M5 as backup, I use a high impulse battery tester on all batteries I put in my M7. So far I have not a single battery failure once the battery has passed the test. If I am going on a critical shoot I test the batteries again, and replace any even slightly weak batteries.

The only serious problem was a time when there were no SR44 batteries at all in the town and the ones in my camera needed changing. But that was no worse than the time I could only get ISO 100 cheap Chinese film. None of the shops had any good stuff in the town.

• Like 1