1.25x manifier with correction lens

nobbylon

It's normal for me.  I need a +0.5 correction eyepiece on the body.  When I use my 1.25x magnifier the +0.5 (added to the magnifier) is no longer enough.  The +1.0 is a bit too strong - a +0.75 would be perfect, but doesn't exist.  With my 1.4x magnifier a +1.5 works well.  I don't have a good explanation for why this is the case.  It is like the magnifier not only makes the viewfinder image larger, but closer as well - requiring more of a close focus correction in my case.  Folks who have eyes that have not lost the ability to focus at short distance do not seem to experience this.

thank you both. 

Luke, thank you for the explanation. I thought I was going mad! I'll hunt down a plus 2 as I want to leave the magnifier on as a permanent solution. I mainly use a 35 and I can just about see the frame lines.

1.25 is made for 50/75 mm lens.  35 mm frame line will become hard to see with it.  The viewfinder image is magnified so objects near the edges will fall out of the line of sight.

1.25 is made for 50/75 mm lens.  35 mm frame line will become hard to see with it.  The viewfinder image is magnified so objects near the edges will fall out of the line of sight.

as I said, frame lines just about visible! I'm mainly interested in a magnified rf patch to help with my focus.