My photography is being feature in a movie!

DezFoto

Advertisement (gone after registration)

So, last summer I was approached by the Production Designer of a feature film called "The Perfect Match" starring Cassie Ventura and Terrence J. The story's main character (played by Terrence J) is a photographer who at some point starts shooting with a Leica camera and ends up with a gallery show that's been sponsored by Leica. That majority of the photography in the gallery is mine, aside from a couple of photos that their own photographer shot because they were specific to the story (they asked me to come to set to shoot Cassie, but I was unavailable that day  :( ). The show had product placement from  Leica and they knew I was a Leica shooter, so everything I licensed them for the gallery was shot on the M9 or M8. I did shoot a couple of shots specifically for the movie at Venice Beach, but everything else was from my archives. Oh, and they also rented my M6 as a prop (the true star of the show)! lol

As an interesting side note, the lion's share of the photos they chose were shot with the M9 and a 28mm Summicron-M ASPH...

Here's a couple of screen grabs from the trailer (please excuse the poor quality):

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

The movie plays in theaters March 11th!

• Like 10

Dez -

Congratulations.  You can be certain that many of us are envious.

Too bad your timing was off so you couldn't shoot the beautiful CV.

Thank you!

I know I was pretty disappointed I wasn't able to do it and so was Bille the director, who really liked my work. I got them to hire a friend of mine at least. 

• 2 weeks later...