Tethering

nunnzzzz

Guest NEIL-D-WILLIAMS

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I emailed Leica re this issue, as I use Image Shuttle for focus stacking. This reply came early this morning.

the new Leica Image Shuttle Software 3.2 and Thethered Plug-in for the S2

we published soon.

I am assuming that it will be provided in the coming weeks.

I ask for your understanding.

Mit freundlichen Gruessen / kind regards

Peter Brieger

Leica Camera AG

Customer Care

Support

Am Leitz-Park 5 / D-35578 Wetzlar

Sounds good then. Hopefully it will work with my S006 as well
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I bought my S2P primarily to photograph the orchids I grow, and they bloom once each year.  That time is now.  So I am anxious to have the tethering ability to focus stack via the Image Shuttle.  I emailed Peter Brieger, again, for an updated estimate on the plug-in.  Here is his newest response.

Thank you again for your mail.

At the moment we don´t have an exact date for the release and publication.
As soon as it will be, you will find it on our homepage in the owners area.

http://en.members-2014.leica-camera.com/Members-Area

Thanks for understanding and patience.

Mit freundlichen Gruessen / kind regards 

Peter Brieger 
Leica Camera AG 
Customer Care 
Support
Am Leitz-Park 5 / D-35578 Wetzlar

But you do know, I assume, that you can tether the S2, S2-P and S 006 using the current LIS software (2.2), but using the older Yosemite (OS X 10.10), and Lightroom CC 2015.4 or earlier? If you are using an Apple platform of course.

Edited by rsmphoto

I'm not terribly computer savvy.  I only use Lightroom from the Leica purchases.  The Image Shuttle allows me to change focus by .01 ft. which is essential.  This situation has taught me another painful lesson to not update one's OS just because it's new.

If you have mistakenly installed El Capitan (OS10.11) and would like to revert to Yosemite (OS 10.10),  it's a relatively simple matter of going to the app store on your mac, clicking on Purchased, finding Yosemite in the list, downloading and reinstalling. If you're so inclined.  If Yosemite is not listed you can search for it there and download for free. Then you should be all set to shoot tethered with your S2 using LIS 2.2 and whatever version of LR you have as long as it's relatively current.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
Guest NEIL-D-WILLIAMS

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Yes there is some confusion in the thread. There are different versions of Leica Image Shuttle, different S cameras of course, and different LR versions.

The S (typ 007) profile was added at LR6.2

There are two current version of Leica Image Shuttle as well

3.1 for Mac only is for S (Typ 007) only

2.2 for Mac or Win is for S2 or (Typ 006) only

LR 6.3 has an already existing plugin for S2 or (Typ 006) only. This is what I suggested that owners of those cameras test now with LR6.3

the downloadable new  Release Candidate Tethered plug in is for S (Typ 007) only

Geoff

I've installed the Lightroom tether plugin.........do I also need to install image shuffle and if so what is it for??

Hi Neil. No they are different and independent programs.
The version of Leica Image Shuttle you want is 3.4. This will allow remote control of the S (Typ 007) and some other cameras including the S (Typ 006)

The Lightroom Plug in version  V1.1 works with Typ 007 but not Typ 006. Also the SL if you update its firmware too. That will allow remote functions and write directly to a folder in Lightroom.

Guest NEIL-D-WILLIAMS

Hi Neil. No they are different and independent programs.

The version of Leica Image Shuttle you want is 3.4. This will allow remote control of the S (Typ 007) and some other cameras including the S (Typ 006)

The Lightroom Plug in version  V1.1 works with Typ 007 but not Typ 006. Also the SL if you update its firmware too. That will allow remote functions and write directly to a folder in Lightroom.

Thanks mate.

I have the camera with me at work but not the tethering cable, so I will need to wait until I get home before I can play with it.

• 4 years later...
On 1/14/2016 at 1:21 PM, jip said:

Because professionals don't just upgrade their working machine whenever a update pops up... Machines I use for certain things remain at the OS that works. Never update a system that works. So if you want to enjoy latest OS and tether on it, then you should get two computers. One for fun and one for work...

This has been proven over and over, and we can all point fingers but in the end it's US who update computers without it being necessary D

True this ... except OTHER software starts misbehaving and/or warning you that your OS is becoming, or IS, outdated. Damed if you do, damed if you don't.

I was losing operational access to full abilities for Safari, my business Bank app, and a bunch of others ... Leica Tethering is very important to me, but not as important as a bunch of other failing business oriented software. 

Leica wants Pros to use their gear, then step up and make sure we are supported. 

Fortunately, my studio product season is pretty much over ... HOWEVER, I'm pissed that this doesn't work ...

Oddly, I made it work a couple of times, and shot a series of images tethered on MacOS Big Sur 11.2.3 and Lightroom Classic v10.2 ... on an iMac ... but I cannot recall what I did to do that?  Couldn't get it to work on my MacBook Pro at all. 

Mostly it just crashed LR when I selected the destination folder and hit go ... Adobe did recognize an issue and sent an issue report... not that will result in any action.  

Just to be sure, I did log in on the Leica Owner's site and re-downloaded the plug-in software for my S(006) and replaced it in the plug-in area on LRC ... zip, zilch, nada ... 

Guess I'll need to revert my laptop to an older OS after I buy a second iMac for work. Grrrrrrr.