Tethering

nunnzzzz

Anyone have any idea why S tethering with Lightroom and latest Mac Operating system does not work. One would think Leica would make this a priority

Wish I had better news. 

It's been a known problem since El Cap (10.11) first came out some months back now. Nikon has the same issues too. According to Adobe it's up to Leica to fix this problem but my faith in Leica's software "team" (is there one?) being quick about this fix has waned. Remember, they should have had the SDK well before 10.11's release to work on this.  Those of us who tether are in a "who knows when" mode now.

Best to go back to OSx 10.10.5 (which we know works) for the foreseeable future.

Richard

Edited by rsmphoto

Because professionals don't just upgrade their working machine whenever a update pops up... Machines I use for certain things remain at the OS that works. Never update a system that works. So if you want to enjoy latest OS and tether on it, then you should get two computers. One for fun and one for work...

This has been proven over and over, and we can all point fingers but in the end it's US who update computers without it being necessary D

• Like 3

It was Adobe that broke the tethering for Leica (and for Nikon) not Leica Camera. Of course breaking the Import dialog was a much bigger issue than that which has only since then been largely fixed. The whole tethering problem needs to be fixed by Adobe, I expect that would be part of the next point release? They would have annoyed more Nikon users than Leica users of course. 

I have the Typ 007 and Lightroom CC 2015.3 on this Macbook with OS X 10.11.2. The tethering works fine with Leica Image Shuttle 3.1.  There is a Lightroom tethered plugin 6 (a release candidate apparently not final version from Adobe) available in the download area for owners for the Typ 007. I presume that was authored by Adobe for Leica Camera as an interim fix? I'll try that today.  

• Like 2

Ok so I have now had an opportunity to test tethering in Lightroom after installing the plug in provided in the downloads area for owners. Note my camera is the Typ 007 and my software versions are in my preceding post.

It works for me with no issues. You need Lightroom minimum 6.2 and Mac OS X Yosemite. You need 6.2 minimum for Typ 007 support anyway.
I can't imagine why anyone would not want to upgrade that flawed 6.2 though. If you avoided that initially you can now go direct to 6.3 of course.
I followed the plug in installation instructions and it notes that you should not remove the existing plugin (for S2 and Typ 006)
My Lightroom CC 2015.3 shows that plug in was already installed and running too with no indicated problem.

Can anyone who reported an issue and has the Typ 006 or S2 now test if you have a Yosemite and at least LR6.2 or the CC equivalent and report back here?

There is no PC equivalent of that Release Candidate plug in in the downloads area currently. I am going to guess that RC version will be included in the next LR point release from Adobe.

Edited by hoppyman

Can anyone who reported an issue and has the Typ 006 or S2 now test if you have a Yosemite and at least LR6.2 or the CC equivalent and report back here?

No luck locating the plug-in you mention. I suspect one needs to have a registered 007 to gain access to that plugin on the Leica site. Makes sense if it only works for the 007. Otherwise they would have made it available to all us 006 owners?

I don't understand, LR 6.2 was faulty and we all waited a month for 6.3 which is the actual version. I haven't tried tethering with that one since I skipped 6.2 and was shooting with Image Shuttle (which btw worked wonderfully).

All with Yosemite and 007.

Edited by fahrenhyde

No luck locating the plug-in you mention. I suspect one needs to have a registered 007 to gain access to that plugin on the Leica site. Makes sense if it only works for the 007. Otherwise they would have made it available to all us 006 owners?

That plug in is for the S (Typ 007) only, yes. As I mentioned, during its installation I saw that there is an existing plug in in LR6.3 that is for the S2 and S (Typ 006). I suggested that an owner of the earlier models might like to test now as long as you have that current OS X and LR6.3

Yes,  the download for that plug in, Lightroom licence, Leica Shuttle, firmware updates and more is via the owners area.  I use the home  website. I don't know whether the US website is the same.

Edited by hoppyman

I don't understand, LR 6.2 was faulty and we all waited a month for 6.3 which is the actual version. I haven't tried tethering with that one since I skipped 6.2 and was shooting with Image Shuttle (which btw worked wonderfully).

All with Yosemite and 007.

Yes there is some confusion in the thread. There are different versions of Leica Image Shuttle, different S cameras of course, and different LR versions.

The S (typ 007) profile was added at LR6.2

There are two current version of Leica Image Shuttle as well

3.1 for Mac only is for S (Typ 007) only

2.2 for Mac or Win is for S2 or (Typ 006) only

LR 6.3 has an already existing plugin for S2 or (Typ 006) only. This is what I suggested that owners of those cameras test now with LR6.3

the downloadable new  Release Candidate Tethered plug in is for S (Typ 007) only

• Like 1

Unfortunately folks it doesn't work

Mine does work as detailed in previous posts. If you have the same,  perhaps check that you have followed the steps in the instructions?

No Camera detected means that the plug in was installed correctly but you do not have your camera connected with the LEMO USB cable and the camera turned on. Follow the sequence in the installation instructions

Edited by hoppyman