Lightroom 6 versus CC

No need to use the Leica one if you're on CC already (especially if you intend to keep it).

Personally, I've considered using the CC version until my subscription ends, and then flip over to the Leica one to save some money.  I never use Photoshop, and even so I purchased Affinity Photo for Mac which I'm liking so far (in my very limited capability).

• Like 1

Bear in mind that I believe Adobe have said that they are not going to update LR6 any futher. Also CC has additional facilities over the stand-alone version, which could prove a sticking point for some.

I thought that LR CC & LR v6 were (other than the licencing method) identical.

What are these additional facilities?

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I thought that LR CC & LR v6 were (other than the licencing method) identical.

What are these additional facilities?

CC now incorporates local adjustments such as dehaze, black and white sliders into the adjustment brush and gradient tool;  the perpetual license LR 6 does not.  

Jeff

I should add that a recent email from Adobe suggests that CC and perpetual license owners do get the same features, eventually, but CC users get the latest features as they're released, so users do not have to wait for a larger update sequence. As a standalone user, I hope the recently added features I noted above come soon, as I've been wanting added local adjustment capability.....requires less and less Photoshop use.

I think, however, that it won't be long before Adobe offers LR only through CC, and that we'll get everything whether we want it or not.  They've already shown their direction, I think, by making it harder and harder to even find the updates when they occur.

Jeff

Antione909, if you don't like the workflow in Lightroom, try using Bridge that you have with CC.  It is a much more powerful viewer and skips the "Import" nonsense.  Opening from Bridge goes directly to Adobe Camera Raw, which is the Develop module in Lightroom.  You do lose some of the adjustment options at the very top of Lightroom Develop, but you can employ them in Photoshop CC along with many more options.  For .jpg files, right click and use "open in Camera Raw" instead of "open".

• Like 1