Oh the heart ache... Bad news on the wide tilt/shift front

tthorne

To improve the sales of the S system, Leica in my opinion should:

Address the issues:

(i) AF motor issue

(ii) focusing speed of the 100 lens

(iii) issues with the sensor (horizontal lines appearing in higher ISO shots taken in live view)  

Provide additional features / capability:

(i) TTL flash solution through collaboration with one of the battery strobe makers (make it Profoto, please).

(ii) If support in C1 can't be obtained from Phase One, provide additional profiles in LR (e.g. the usual "Portrait", "Nature" etc. profiles or even a special set of VSCO-like profiles for various applications (I'd be happy to pay a little for that...). This shouldn't be too difficult.

The price/size/weight of the system often make it impossible or impractical to carry a backup, so the system must be rock solid. Otherwise even the most ardent supporters may one day decide to get two Pentax K-1 bodies with a set of tiny limited primes and spend the rest of their cash on a great trip!

Edited by albireo_double

• 2 months later...

I think in terms of the words either SYSTEM or COMPLETE SYSTEM either way the S is far from complete. Remember the old days (their gone) when even Leica use exploded view charts of the system contains everything possible for its cameras. Now camera manufactures release one lens and body and wait to see the sales results guessing which lens will hit the sweet spot!

The day you see exotic lenses, accessories and a complete system from Leica will be on a camera produced for the masses, however third party makers could facilitate voids!