LR6 upgrade

Well, it's only $79, so I'd say it's 'worth it'.   Various new features and changes, but for me, it offers the least significant and generally practical improvements of any of the prior LR major version upgrades.

This provides a summary of the changes (to CC and standalone, which is now called perpetual)....   http://www.lightroomqueen.com/whats-new-lightroom-cc-6-0/

As she notes, it's now hard to even find the perpetual upgrade on the Adobe page, as it is to find interim upgrades after one migrates to LR6 (they in the Application Manager in the 'help' menu).  Adobe clearly wants to make the standalone experience miserable enough that folks will give up and migrate to CC.

But, still worth a meager $79.  I probably spend more than that in a normal print session....or in gas in a month's photo outings.  So why not take advantage of what's there?

Jeff

Whatever makes you happy.  I spent the $79 for the standalone (perpetual) version, just as I've always done.  At some point, probably soon, I bet Adobe will no longer even offer the choice, forcing the CC approach.  Many here love CC.

Jeff