BMW 02 thread

Dr. No

• 2 weeks later...

Goodwood Revival last September

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 3

Pedaes,

I like the photo and car, but this is not an original "02" (114). This is the "big brother" 4-door called "Neue Klasse" (115, 116, 118). I think it could well be a hot 1800 TI/SA (118) made for motorsport in 200 units or a normal, but tuned 1800.

The 02-Series splitted up as a 2-door version of the "Neue Klasse" 1600 4-door (116), first named "1600-2" (for 2-door). The here shown "Neue Klasse" later became the famous 5-series (E12).

When I had my dealership in the Uk, we had a used model traded in (green If I remember).. eyes popped and offers piled in from all and sundry.  We cleaned & serviced etc.,. It looked great in the showroom..One morning at around 8:30am a young guy walked in, he made straight for the Beemer -> (we had no price on it) How Much he asked? -> Out The Door ₤xxxx.xx...

He asked if he could use the phone (no cell phones back then) -of course -> 15minutes later his ad turned up Cash In Hand.. No bargaining!! I gave him a Free Oil Change & ₤5.00 worth of fuel in the tank.. He, his Dad & the whole family from then on became regular customers in both our Service Dept & Sales Floor.. Happy Days....

• Like 2

I really regret I haven´t kept the good condition orange 1802 with round rear lights, original steel sunroof and original Becker Mexico radio + Becker compact tape player. Grrrrr.

Looked like the orange one in Dr. No´s posting #2. It had the nice signal orange, not the washed out orange. Not sure if the color was called "Colorado".

no, that should be "Inka"

OLAF

PS. I like the fjord metallic ;):D

fjord metallic is the "nicest" BMW color of that era, but I link more to the bigger coupes and limousines (3.0 CSL etc.). The 02 looks great too in that color, but the bright "Inka" orange fits as well and shows the "wild side".

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

OK - 2 doors

• Like 3

The start of a generation...

• Like 1