My first day with lasik and an M6....we have framelines!

rpavich

Advertisement (gone after registration)

The worst thing about shooting with the rangefinder and glasses is that the frame lines aren't fully visible most of the time and that ruins the experience for me.

Did something about it, I got lasik and let me tell you, seeing all the frame lines at once and all the extra room around the outside is awesome! 

Another side benefit is more accurate focusing, my bifocals made it difficult to know with 100% certainty that the focus patch was correctly aligned, slight movement of my head would change it slightly.

im very happy!

I had a similar experience. I had cataracts removed and lasik. They under corrected my left eye and increased the magnification in the right.

As a result, I am now a left eye shooter unless I correct the right with a diopter. I just shoot left eyed with the Leica and smug the LCD. So it goes.

I'm curious to see how my focusing will improve because it was pretty hit or miss before and I'm almost positive it was due to my glasses and the "doubling" error that it would impart on the focus patch.

I'm still trying to finish my current roll of Cinestill but i'm down for the count with shingles and so shooting is taking a back seat to laying in bed right now.

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Best of luck with the shingles, yuck, and the focusing. Reminds me to get a shot. As for the focusing, I think you'll be happy. 

I never got on with the 1.5 diopter and just go instinctively now to my left eye. 

Things line up well most all the time. You should also find the 35 frame lines are much nicer and the 28 too.

Best of luck and Merry Christmas.