Leica Mayfair - Red Dot Camera

Nick De Marco

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Just a little thanks - as we are often all too ready to moan.

First, I want into Red Dot yesterday for a friendly chat and as I was trying to look for a tiny screw to fix a lens hood on my 50mm summilux ASPH. They didn't have the screw, and I ended up buying a lovely black painted (not black paint) M2 (below with a cheeky Russian jupiter 35mm f2.8) for a good price and they thew in some film too. They also called Leica Mayfair who said they had the screws. Thanks.

Then today I went to Leica Mayfair and they (i) gave my M a sensor clean and (ii) found and fitted the screw for my lux hood. And NO charge at all. Thanks.

It's so nice to have such good customer service sometimes.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 14

You may want to periodically check that screw for tightness as it does seem to back out quite easily.

I have a set of JIS screwdrivers and used them to tighten the screw on my 50's hood.  Since then it's been solid.  Just take care as it's very easy to strip or break such a small screw.

http://www.amazon.com/Moody-Tools-Driver-Pollicis-58-0405/dp/B0001X0SK8/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&qid=1449187730&sr=8-9&keywords=jis+screwdriver+set

+1

I have had multiple dealings with Richard Caplan, Leica Mayfair and Red Dot and they are all consistently excellent; incredibly helpful even if they are not going to be making any money from the matter in hand. It is always a great pleasure to visit any of them - and Mrs Red Dot (I assume) can be very funny.  :D

I have found that the service I have received from Red Dot and Leica Mayfair is well worth travelling for. I just buy a cheap Virgin rail ticket and make a day of it.Always plenty to do in London. A return ticket from Manchester cost me £20 the last time I went.

BrianP

Edited by Guest

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...