New Year London meet - Sat 5th March (new date!)

• 4 weeks later...

Pity its not later in March... there's a Paul Strand exhibition at the V&A, starting on the 19th.

I think its the final show of a world tour?

John

http://www.vam.ac.uk/content/exhibitions/exhibition-paul-strand-photography-and-film-for-the-20th-century/

Edited by jpattison

• 4 weeks later...

Is there anything you can tell us on the time, meeting place, and what bag to bring please? :lol:

Noon, Chandos, one that fits over the head.

I made all of that up, so don't appear at the Chandos with a brown paper bag over your head wondering where everyone else is. 

Don't think I can make it, but have a great time.

• Like 1

James,

Is there anything you can tell us on the time, meeting place, and what bag to bring please? :lol:

Pete.

Ooops - I've been so preoccupied with stuff going on lately that I must admit I forgot I'd proposed another date after cancelling January. 

I can still do the 5th however, so if there's still enough interest we can go ahead.

Perhaps we can have a virtual show of hands for who would still be able to meet on the 5th? If there's only a few perhaps we should postpone until more are available.

Hi all,

The date: Saturday 5th March

The time: Noon onwards

The place: The Star Tavern, 6 Belgrave Mews West, Belgravia, SW1 8HT

It's a 10 minute walk from Hyde Park Corner or Knightsbridge tube stations, or 15 mins from Victoria.

The pub has 'history' apparently being where the the plans for the Great Train Robbery were made! More details here http://www.star-tavern-belgravia.co.uk/

I will aim to be there sharp to nab a suitable table for us in the area on the left hand side as you enter.

There are a few other very nice bars nearby, so if the weather is good we could have a pub crawl/photo walk......

Looking forward to meeting everyone.

• Like 2