Poundland Discontinue AGFA Vista 35mm Film

Keith (M)

It does say they're looking for another supplier. I guess AGFA (or whoever) put the price up to a piont where Poundland could no longer charge £1, so had to drop it. After all it would cost them a lot to rebrand their shops 'A Pound & Twenty Pence Land'

Edited by earleygallery

There is hope yet - as seen just now on Twitter:-

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 1

Leica owners go to Poundland? Are you crazy?!

Every time somebody raved about the price of film at Poundland I went along, looked for it, asked about it, and determined it was a 'South of England' thing, same as Poundland selling foie gras in Wiltshire and only tinned tripe in Sheffield. So just like tripe I won't miss Agfa at Poundland because I never had any.

Steve

• Like 1

It  can  be hard to  find  , and  it   is  sometimes  on the   bottom shelf  and  you have  to move  a trolley  out of the way  to get to the  stuff.

I also  found   some of the  film in  Wetzlar ,  though  a  bit  more  than   £1 a  roll . 

• 2 weeks later...

I hope it'll continue to be available. I've always liked it both in 200 and 400. In the Netherlands it is sold by the Kruidvat chain, though at higher price than the equivalent of £1 - more like 3€ I believe. It's still excellent value for money I think. For instance it pushes (and also scans) well. These are the 200 at EI800 (both TTL and 50/1.4A):

21238010675_8ccc2d01a1_b.jpg

Flickr

19668779845_28599a83e0_b.jpg

Flickr

• Like 7

Kruidvat is selling it here in Holland for Eur. 3,99. Last year it was cheaper. In Germany DM Drogerie dumped their last Kodak Ektar 100 for Eur. 2,15 (Incl. 19% German VAT) last year too. 

BTW, I am selling original Fuji Superia 100 in 135-24 for Eur. 1,79 (Incl. 21% Dutch VAT). A last frozen stock from Fuji Tilburg, the Netherlands.

I think the times for cheap C-41 35mm film will be over now. :)

Wonderful  pictures .  I have  never  pushed    a  C41   film  . Do  you need  to  change  the processing  times ?   I  would   not   do it my  self ,  but  I  would  tell the  lab..  I  have only  pushed   E6  and  B&W     films .

You  state   the   film    was  exposed at  E1800  , s  that   ISO 1800.  Which   gives   just over  3  stops  ! . 

Lancaster shop had no stock on Wed this week, they have been O/S for weeks. I asked and was told "sorry we can't get stock at the moment". I suspect Wolverhampton are on residual stock. Let us hope the response on twitter comes to fruition.

This is this Sundays offering in Wolves, they must have a load in their stockroom, or perhaps I'm the only one who buys it  :D 

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Sorry for the iPhone photo.

Edited by Bobitybob
  • Like 4