Wifi settings?

jrp

Advertisement (gone after registration)

The direct to your phone wlan settings work fine for me, but I must have mistyped my Wlan password (the touch keyboard is a good idea, but hard to use other than with child sized fingers) because it tries to connect to my router and just keeps trying.  I have to push set, to abort.  Trouble is, that I can see no way of reentering the password.  Is there a trick, other than resetting the whole camera?

• Like 1

Hi jrp,

If I understand what you are trying to do, try this: Go to the menu item WLAN CLIENT SETUP. It should show "Scan", "Add network", "(The name of your wireless router)","(The name of any other network the camera can detect)", ...

Scroll down to your router's name and select it by depressing the joystick or the click wheel.

Scroll down to "Password" and select it by depressing the joystick or the click wheel. On the second row from the bottom, touch the left pointing arrow. That should erase the row of asterisks and allow you to enter a password again.

dgktkr

The direct to your phone wlan settings work fine for me, but I must have mistyped my Wlan password (the touch keyboard is a good idea, but hard to use other than with child sized fingers) because it tries to connect to my router and just keeps trying.  I have to push set, to abort.  Trouble is, that I can see no way of reentering the password.  Is there a trick, other than resetting the whole camera?

Scroll down to your router's name and select it by depressing the joystick or the click wheel.

Scroll down to "Password" and select it by depressing the joystick or the click wheel. On the second row from the bottom, touch the left pointing arrow. That should erase the row of asterisks and allow you to enter a password again.

When I do that, it tries to connect to the network.  Perpetually.

• 2 months later...

Has anyone got WiFi Host working properly?

I tried today with limited success.   I wanted to take an image of a very colourful but nervous lizard that appears on our garden wall, exactly in the same spot, late in the afternoon.  It is not possible to approach closer than about 5 meters or it will dart between a crack in the wall.  It will reappear after a few minutes if no one is close.  My idea was to set up the SL on a tripod pointing at the lizard's favourite place.  Then hide about 10 meters away and trigger the image with iPhone Leica SL app, connected by WiFi.

But I could not get WiFi Host to work reliably.

If the Leica SL is the WiFi server (host), my iPhone can connect to it using the QR Code method.  I can see what the camera sees, control the camera and take images. But the distance appears to be limited to under 5 meters.   And, if I do not access the WiFi connection for a couple of minutes, the SL drops the connection and I had to go to the camera to restart the WiFi.  As I was hiding some distance away, waiting for the lizard to walk into the field of view, this mode is not very useful.

If I try attaching the Leica SL as a WiFi client on my home network, the app appears to work fine but that's not useful away from the house.

Has anyone had better results?  Any tips?

Regards

Peter

10m (~30 feet) is probably at the limit of the in-camera's transceiver for signal strength. I've used the SL in host mode frequently: It's been solid and reliable, but at distances of about half that. Even my Apple Airport Extreme has some difficulty at those distances in my condo (lots of steel-reinforced concrete walls reflecting and absorbing signal; I had to place a second base station as repeater to extend the network in order to provide reliable connection service at the far end). 

I've so far not managed to get the SL to connect as a WiFi client on my home WiFi network, so you're ahead of me on that score. 

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I've so far not managed to get the SL to connect as a WiFi client on my home WiFi network, so you're ahead of me on that score. 

I wish I could tell you how to connect the SL to the Leica SL app as a client on a home WiFi but I don't know what I did that made it work. I can tell that I tried about 5 times, deleting the entry and starting again.  I also switched off my extender WiFi router as it might have been confusing the SL - it was seeing two networks of the same name.

But, after several attempts, carefully typing in the password, it suddenly connected.  Now it seems to be able to recreate the connection every time.

I never did get the photo of the lizard.  By the time I got the WiFi working, it was getting dark...

Regards

Peter