Luigi case for M9 and M

Ivar B

I don't belive it does. The M is fatter than than the M9-P.

No it isn't... The difference in measurement is the 'thumb grip' where the little wheel is. The M is the same size as an M9 otherwise.

(why do people on this forum insist on repeating misleading information?)

The case won't fit though... All the cutouts on the back for the screen and control wheels are in a different place.

• Like 2

I bought a very nice Luigi case for my M9P some time ago, but now I sold the body and will probably get myself an M. Does anybody know if the cases function on both bodies?

hi ivar

your case would fit my M Monochrom very well (for sale in the classifieds).  :D   shall i put it on the kiel/oslo ferry for you?

greetings from hamburg

rick

• Like 1

I had a less expensive half leather case for my M9 so when I upgraded to an M240 I simply performed a bit of minor surgery on the back of the case using a Stanley knife to enlarge the cutouts. It works quite well but I would hesitate to do the same to an expensive case.

• Like 1

Advertisement (gone after registration)

The tripod screw is in a different spot, the cutouts on the back are different, and the case will fit tightly as the M is slightly fatter.

Rick

Oh, blimey, please don't start Bill Livingston off again.

Edited by pkilmister
  • Like 3

Not true, the M240 is 1mm thicker than previous digital M cameras.  I could notice it when I got my M and tried to use my Luigi half case... you have to jam it in.  I thought we have been through this and it was known to be slightly thicker by 1mm and that is irrespective of the thumb rest.

http://www.l-camera-forum.com/topic/231232-size-of-the-m240-why-do-people-complain/?p=2639620

Rick

• Like 1

I tried my M9 case on my M240 when I first got it, thinking I might be able to surgically alter the rear cutout enough to get by.  The M240 fit only about 2/3 the way down before bulging the case and binding-up.  So if the M240 isn't any thicker except at the thumb-wheel housing, I am at a loss to explain it. 

• Like 1

I think the odd mm relates to the slight bump for the thumb wheel. The main part of the body is identical. My old M9 Zhou case fitted the M240 easily. The minor surgery to the openings on the back is functional but not pretty.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 1

ayewing: You could have been a surgeon! Anyway it is more ammo for Bill Livingston's case that nothing gets bigger by more than 1mm.

I considered it along with other options but finally settled for general practice.

Edited by ayewing