35mm Lux Aph vs Lux FLE

tatetate

Advertisement (gone after registration)

After little home work and use of voigtlander 35mm F/1.2 I have decided to opt for FLE!

Really was keen to go for Zeiss and due to weight and view-finder blockage i will give FLE a try!

Prices are quite down from what people have paid new so getting something around 2900 Euro would be a good price imho!

Will keep you all posted!

• Like 1

Guest JonathanP

Do you mean the thread protection ring that goes on if you are not using the hood? Its normally hidden away in the end of the pouch - have a rummage around to see if its there, if not I would think Leica would be your best bet.

Jonathan 

• Like 1

There you go folks! Lux has arrived today!

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Many Thanks Jon,

Can you confirm what else comes with Summilux-M FLe Lens in the box. Does it come with E46 Cap as well? I cant find the damn ring. so frustrating!

Yes it comes with an E46 cap. The damn ring is at the bottom of the leather case, in a little 'hidden' compartment beneath a piece of foam.

• Like 1

Shot with an M6 & 35 Lux FLE

• Like 1

York Designer Outlet :) Wide open! ISO 3200

Edited by tatetate

I owned the ASPH. and Aspherical and used the FLE for a while so had the three, There has been many comments on these but for me (Comparing the ASPH. to FLE) I prefer the ASPH, really due to the rendering. I could measure focus shift but this never caused a picture problem, a number of my lenses had much worse shift and did cause occasional problems, but rarely. Most surfaces aren't flat, don't have detail set out this way and so on. So for me focus shift is a be considerate of and not avoid a lens because of issue.

Anyhow the FLE is more resolving at the edges but not notably in the centre, has a little more contrast and a very different out of focus rendering. It has a quicker transition from in focus to out and can show this for me in a strange and sometimes unatural way, this compares to one on the better 'bokeh's from any lens in my view. The ASPH. is a very nice lens indeed.Check out the Thorsten review with some picture and the gent sat on the stairs. Both really good lenses but one has the more modern look the other most of the resolution wide open (stopped down, I doubt anyone could see detail differences) and a much more classic look

• Like 2