Leica SL Image Thread ...post your examples here ....

thighslapper

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 2

• Like 3

• Like 5

• Like 8

In the Basement of the History of Bologna Museum ....... very disorientating with lots of mirrors to bump into ..... iso 12500

• Like 2

• Like 2

Advertisement (gone after registration)

• Like 5

• Like 4

A bit of fun ......

• Like 8

another second image similar to the rainy night one posted a while ago ....... a few seconds later ....

• Like 10

that's enough for now

highly recommended, lots to do and see, good restaurants and hotels, super shops ......all in 40km of arcades, tourists seem few and far between (mostly Italian) and everyone very friendly and helpful. Has a selection of interesting museums ... the ones attached to the University are 'proper' museums with cabinets stuffed with all sorts of stuff instead of the modern cavernous ones showing very little in a 'tasteful' and 'educational' manner with interactive displays aimed at 4 year olds.

ps. Avoid in the summer (after mid June) as the locals say it is terribly hot and humid. 

Edited by thighslapper
  • Like 5

I do and I love what it does with M lenses. I am sorry for being a bit contentious on this thread. I can't say I don't mean to be because clearly I do, but I do do it with sincerity and respect. I am prepared to remain open minded on the 50SL and will find the opportunity to try it for myself very soon.

As is this fine young man:

31467347804_14c0afa9ee_b.jpgHamish - Transitions by Greg Turner, on Flickr

This last portrait is very nice indeed. 

There's really little point to being so contentious. It's obvious you like your M lenses and they work nicely on the SL ... that's one of the reasons I like the SL too, in that it can be used with my favorite R and M lenses as well as its own SL lenses (and the S and T lenses too, but I don't own any of them). I already have a favorite Summilux-R 50mm f/1.4 lens as well myself—along with a couple of M 50s that I like a lot—and love what it produces with the SL. So I'm unlikely to buy the SL lens. 

If I didn't, however, and if I wanted all the other features the SL is capable of, I'd buy the Summilux-SL even though it is larger/heavier than I'd like. That doesn't make it "ridiculous" or stupid, it just means it isn't my first choice. A friend in New York just obtained one, however, (it was the first SL lens he ordered, even a few months before he bought the SL) and I'm very eager to see how it performs in his hands because I know his photography and can judge the lens more sensibly than all these vapid reviews do based on the photos it makes in the hands of someone who's skill and vision is familiar to me. 

It is best to make judgements after you use something. On the basis of the spec sheet, I'd never go near the SL90-280: it's simply too large, too heavy, too expensive. But in use, it is a wonderful lens with extraordinary capabilities that I am just beginning to tap—despite the weight, size, and price. I sold a lot of gear to obtain it ... and I find that I don't miss what I sold at all. 

22860168049_299d033b8e_o.jpg

Leica SL + Summilux-R 50mm f/1.4
ISO 50 @ f/1.7 @ 1/400

Onwards!
Edited by ramarren
  • Like 10

Guest NEIL-D-WILLIAMS

that's enough for now

highly recommended, lots to do and see, good restaurants and hotels, super shops ......all in 40km of arcades, tourists seem few and far between (mostly Italian) and everyone very friendly and helpful. Has a selection of interesting museums ... the ones attached to the University are 'proper' museums with cabinets stuffed with all sorts of stuff instead of the modern cavernous ones showing very little in a 'tasteful' and 'educational' manner with interactive displays aimed at 4 year olds.

ps. Avoid in the summer (after mid June) as the locals say it is terribly hot and humid. 

attachicon.gifL1309149.jpg

Godfry

You didn't say what lens you were using here??

Guest NEIL-D-WILLIAMS

mostly 24-90 and some AF 50/1.4 

I'm loving your pictures, I just cant get my head around buying that zoom lens. My initial plan was just SL and Noctilux. Since then I have added 21mm SEM and 90mm APO along with the 35mm lux that I already had.......it would sure be useful having AF and not having to change lenses but, I like the small compact unobstrusious  size of the small M lenses I guess.