Message Boxes Full?

Peter H

Advertisement (gone after registration)

A couple of times in the last week or so I've tried sending a personal message to a member I've talked to via PMs before, but received an automated message telling me they can't receive any messages. In one case it was because their message-box was full, and I assume the same in the other case.

Is their a means of automatically notifying members when our message boxes become full? It's awkward if they're not aware and there's no other private way to communicate.

Thanks

• 4 weeks later...

Hello Peter,

When the New System went into effect many Members found that their Mailbox contained all (or almost all, or many) of the Internal Communications they had made since they began writing them.

On top of that:

Before the changeover to the new Internal Messaging System many Posters were allowed 75 Messages retained in their files. Sometimes some people did not use all of them.

And:

The current system only allows those same Members 50 Retained Messages & some people may have not yet deleted a sufficient number of previously retained messages to be in compliance with the new Set Of Standards.

Perhaps the Forum would either be kind enough, or have the facility to, raise the allowance for Retained Messages to a number like 100.

With the new enhanced capabilities for the New System as a whole it is unlikely that the New System does not have the capacity to do so. This would solve a lot of communication problems for a lot of people.

Hopefully things will be resolved & we will be able to write back & forth with our friends more easily.

Best Regards,

Michael