written on the side

cirke

why do you say made by Heinz ?

Because there is a company called Heinz that at one point advertised they had 57 varieties (of canned food).

Heinz 57 is on tins of Heinz Baked Beans even today (and they have MANY more than 57 varieties these days - although I suspect most of us have only ever eaten one of them - if any at all!).

Look up Andy Warhol... he did a painting of Heinz Beans... along with Campbells Soup and a few other iconic tinned food from the 50's and 60's...

Edited by Bill Livingston
  • Like 2

btw mine has 57 as well

They all should have 57 on them. They don't individually mark them, it is the correction factor to the focal length for that lens design. A change here would signify a change in the optical design.

57 is quite a big number though.

Cheers,

Michael

They all should have 57 on them. They don't individually mark them, it is the correction factor to the focal length for that lens design. A change here would signify a change in the optical design.

57 is quite a big number though.

Cheers,

Michael

I have to feed my curiosity, so I googled images of the telyt and found some with 62 on them. Indeed the one in the wiki is a '62'. So, I wonder when (and what) it changed?

Cheers,

Michael

Thanks.

What does that mean?

Nothing really, it's less than 5%, but I'd have thought they'd make the lens closer to 135 mm rather than 141 mm. It shows that the framelines cannot really be that accurate (to less than 5%)

Cheers,

Michael

Edited by michaelwj

Nothing really, it's less than 5%, but I'd have thought they'd make the lens closer to 135 mm rather than 141 mm. It shows that the framelines cannot really be that accurate (to less than 5%)

Cheers,

Michael

Sorry, I'm way off, it's of course 135.7, very close.  :rolleyes: (where is the blushing facepalm emoticn when you need it!)

• Like 1

Hello Everybody,

The 2 digit number on the lens mount indicates the last digit of the stated focal length accurately measured to 1/10th's of a millimeter.

There is no decimal place shown since the number is measuring 1/10th's of a millimeter.

So: A lens called a 135mm lens that has 57 on the lens mount is actually a lens which is 135.7 millimeters in length.

Best Regards,

Michael

Edited by Michael Geschlecht
  • Like 3