A nice leather case with metal grip for the Q

iJeff

Advertisement (gone after registration)

If only they get rid that supposedly built in grip. 

Read the earlier posts in this thread.   Lim's case from S. Korea is an excellent design and good value.

if you need to also have a Thumbs Up, why not use the same one as you use on your M9.   It covers the button on the Q but the T-U is flexible and a small amount of pressure to the shank of The T-U will enable you to control whatever function you assign to the button.  There's a post on the Q forum about this.     Lim's case plus T-U works for me, and looks neat.

• Like 1

Read the earlier posts in this thread.   Lim's case from S. Korea is an excellent design and good value.

if you need to also have a Thumbs Up, why not use the same one as you use on your M9.   It covers the button on the Q but the T-U is flexible and a small amount of pressure to the shank of The T-U will enable you to control whatever function you assign to the button.  There's a post on the Q forum about this.     Lim's case plus T-U works for me, and looks neat.

I'm referring this, That little bump design on the front which I think a supposedly grip add on.

http://www.ebay.de/i...DcAAOSwZVhWS0hn

Not the Lim's half case which I bought one myself. 

Edited by m9photo
  • Like 1

Update on my purchase of Lim's leather case.

i paid for expedited FedEx delivery from Korea to the Uk.  It's fast,   But today I received a separate demand for the import tax and VAT .  It's another £19.

It might have been better to leave FedEx out of the loop and wait for normal post.  I'll just pay and put it down to experience.

I'm referring this, That little bump design on the front which I think a supposedly grip add on.

http://www.ebay.de/i...DcAAOSwZVhWS0hn

Not the Lim's half case which I bought one myself. 

I also tried the Gariz case which had a similar small grip and found that this kind of build in grip do not provide sufficient grip.

The Lim's one is much better and is very similar to the official Leica grip.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Artisan and Artist, berenia, with battery cover opening

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I just received the LIM'S Design leather half case with metal grip for my Leica Q.  It is made in Korea with Italian Minerva leather and aircraft grade aluminium 6061.  The build quality is good and the fitting is precise.  It does not block the Q buttons at the back.  Unlike the Leica handgrip, there is an opening at the bottom for easy access to the battery and SD card as well as a tripod mount.  The price is reasonable too at US$109.90 including standard international shipping (see links below).  The standard shipping took around 10 days from Korea to Singapore.

It also comes in brown leather but I personally prefer the black:

DSCF0265_zpssf6vinvx.jpg

DSCF0257_zpsx4g8tqmr.jpg

DSCF0258_zpsl2fgf9hj.jpg

DSCF0267_zpsdqwpsvnd.jpg

Love the look of this case.  It seems like they're out of stock.  Any idea who else would sell these?

I've emailed Lim Designs and no response.  Thanks.

Love the look of this case.  It seems like they're out of stock.  Any idea who else would sell these?

I've emailed Lim Designs and no response.  Thanks.

Only available through, seems like they highjacked the price now for Black color

http://www.ebay.com/itm/LIMS-LE-HCLCAQBK-Black-Metal-Grip-Leather-Camera-Half-Case-for-Leica-Q-Typ-116-/121795294996?hash=item1c5b90b714:g:DmQAAOSwAYtWKe0G

brown color stay the same

http://www.ebay.com/itm/LIMS-LE-HCLCAQBR-Brown-Metal-Grip-Leather-Camera-Half-Case-for-Leica-Q-Typ-116-/111804526048?hash=item1a0811ade0:g:2-UAAOSw5VFWKe8O

I bought mine from different seller, it was on back ordered and have to wait extra few days - I received the item almost 2 weeks later.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/262106445789?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

• Like 1

Wow, marked it up 3x!lol

Lim replied, they say it won't be back in stock until January.

Wow, marked it up 3x!lol

Lim replied, they say it won't be back in stock until January.

If you want the black leather case, wait for the ebay seller, Originstore, to restock as they are the authorised reseller of LIM's Design leather case.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/262106445789?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&rmvSB=true

I am not sure whether the other ebay seller who marked up the price 3x is the authorised reseller.

• 2 months later...

Update. March 2016.

Plenty of Lim's cases available on eBay at less than £76. ($107) .   Remember, that the case includes a very nice integrated grip which is part of the solid anodised aluminium base.   The camera - in its case - sits  level on a flat surface and is stable. Access to the battery and SDcard is easy.

Edited by lucerne

re:   LIM'S Design leather half case with metal grip for the Leica Q.

Ordered from S. Korea on November 12th and I paid for expedited delivery.  Case arrived via Fedex on 17th November and is well designed and constructed. The black aluminium grip is part of the base. No taxes were applied by the UK authorities.

Cost including fast Fedex delivery was £85.95

That's a leather case including an integrated grip.

Highly recommended Ebay seller (imkshop).

Swore I'd never get another leather half case but saw the same one and have ordered it. At £88 with expeditied delivery it appears to be a steal. 

Got a bit sick of constantly taking off the Leica grip to change batteries and cards. The bottom of this looks thinner than the Leica grip so hopefully all good!  :)

• 2 weeks later...

Ending up returning mine.  Its a great quality product for the price, but I have sort of small hands I guess, and it was just a bit uncomfortable trying to reach to hit the shutter button with my index finger and having my other fingers stretched around the grip,  just gave me a hand cramp all the time.  I think those with larger hands might find it a lot more comfortable.

Thinking of trying the Gariz case, but its twice the price.  Hopefully the small little ridge will be enough to grip without requiring too much of a stretch