A nice leather case with metal grip for the Q

iJeff

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I just received the LIM'S Design leather half case with metal grip for my Leica Q.  It is made in Korea with Italian Minerva leather and aircraft grade aluminium 6061.  The build quality is good and the fitting is precise.  It does not block the Q buttons at the back.  Unlike the Leica handgrip, there is an opening at the bottom for easy access to the battery and SD card as well as a tripod mount.  The price is reasonable too at US$109.90 including standard international shipping (see links below).  The standard shipping took around 10 days from Korea to Singapore.

It also comes in brown leather but I personally prefer the black:

DSCF0265_zpssf6vinvx.jpg

DSCF0257_zpsx4g8tqmr.jpg

DSCF0258_zpsl2fgf9hj.jpg

DSCF0267_zpsdqwpsvnd.jpg
  • Like 2

Advertisement (gone after registration)

They may have used Google to translate from Korean to English. ;)

The design of the case is practical and functional indeed.  The built-in metal grip is about the same size as the Leica Q handgrip, which improves the handling of the Q in conjunction with the recessed thumb rest.  At the price of US$109.90, I am getting a 2-in-1 leather case with metal grip.  This is cheaper than either the Leica Q leather protector or handgrip.

Edited by iJeff

Originally I purchased the Angelo Pelle case, but it was very thick and I wasn't all that happy with it.  I ordered this case and it took about 12 days to arrive.  I am very happy with it.  It has a screw at the bottom that tightens into the body of the Q and keeps it snug to the camera.  Battery and SD card are easy to access.  Highly recommended!!

• Like 1

re:   LIM'S Design leather half case with metal grip for the Leica Q.

Ordered from S. Korea on November 12th and I paid for expedited delivery.  Case arrived via Fedex on 17th November and is well designed and constructed. The black aluminium grip is part of the base. No taxes were applied by the UK authorities.

Cost including fast Fedex delivery was £85.95

That's a leather case including an integrated grip.

Highly recommended Ebay seller (imkshop).

Here is my Q with the brown case :-)

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Edited by zcarsten

Seems like more normal priced cases coming to eBay:

http://www.ebay.de/itm/Genuine-real-Leather-Half-Camera-Case-Bag-Cover-for-Leica-Q-Typ-116-/262148340968?hash=item3d09423ce8:g:7DcAAOSwZVhWS0hn

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!