Vincent G

15435364283_e802f747b1_c.jpg

20141201-M2-21SA-400TX-D76-01-3 by Days of My Ordinary Life (Vincent), on Flickr

The most striking image I saw when I first arrived at Hanoi. The woman climbed across the railing to cross to the other side of the bridge despite an on-coming train. She probably knew she could not cross in time so she just casually waited at the side for the train to pass first. I guess she was less than 3 feet away from the marauding train.

The image is slightly crooked because this was a quick snap at f/8 1/125sec. My 21mm external viewfinder is not level too as its foot was broken off and superglued back.

Long Biên Bridge
Hanoi, Vietnam

Leica M2
Leitz Super-Angulon-M 21mm f/3.4
Kodak Tri-X

16012555043_c8801343d5_c.jpg

That conical hat by Days of My Ordinary Life (Vincent), on Flickr

Hanoi, Vietnam

I forgot to compensate for parallax error with the external VF.  It was a quick snap shot. I was photographing something else and happened to just turned around and saw her with her bicycle and quickly took her picture. Lots of activity on the streets of Hanoi.

Leica M2
Leitz Super-Angulon 21mm f/3.4
Kodak Tri-X 400

15990073983_5a9f7c8a1b_c.jpg

Streets of Hanoi by Days of My Ordinary Life (Vincent), on Flickr

I was too optimistic with the light level here. I should have given more exposure to record their facial expressions, I only had little time to grab this shot (thus messed up the exposure) before the man on the right changed his sitting posture. I like how relaxed they both looked when I took their picture.

Hanoi, Vietnam.

Leica M2
Leitz Super-Angulon 21mm f/3.4
Kodak Tri-X 400

16411885020_308f3a8166_c.jpg

Lunch time crowd by Days of My Ordinary Life (Vincent), on Flickr

Office workers enjoying tea and melon seeds after lunch. I find the small plastic stools very interesting. They are usually found outside coffee shops. Functional (with a tray on top, it becomes a small table), does not take up too much space and allows everyone to sit near one another. Everyone talks to one another, listens to jokes together and laugh together. I took this photo because I want to remind myself that this is how real friends and colleagues should communicate and interact with one another.

Hanoi, Vietnam

Leica M2
Leitz Super-Angulon 21/3.4
Kodak Tri-X 400

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

very impessive work.  some of the best  i've seen in here for some time  love your setup choices. SA 3.4 is a gem and used wisely!

Frank

Thank you for your compliments!

The 21SA is one of my favourite lenses.

• Like 1