Which bag for the SL

IkarusJohn

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hi Bag Lovers,

I have only R  Lenses and M Lenses.

Not yet, may be I might  never buy SL Lenses, as I am still using beside the SLmy good old R8-DMR.

This good old Leica leather bag you might find on the second Hand market.

I like it, because there are rigid compartement.

With the Equipment mentioned the weight is 6.1 kg

regard Peter from Switzerland

Had one of those bags for a couple of years, looking for another secondhand one now, they were good. Yours looks well-used!

The Billingham 35 rucksack is a pretty good small rucksack too for the SL or M with lenses.

Strange that this suggestion was not considered.  

I would think that the Billigham Rucksack 25 would be ideal.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

It will take the SL with 2490 and the M with some lenses and plenty more.

Lenses with Camera Leica SL

What is the sense of putting lenses in tins? Each time you want to use one you will have to take  it out of the tin. If you keep them in tins in humid conditions they may get fungus too.

What is the sense of putting lenses in tins? Each time you want to use one you will have to take  it out of the tin. If you keep them in tins in humid conditions they may get fungus too.

I think you will find those are not tins but the rear caps of the lenses.

I think you will find those are not tins but the rear caps of the lenses.

You are right, those are the rear caps of the lenses.

It is important to put them, in order to avoid dust on the sensor.

that is why I carry always a dust blower with me.

The lens you see on the SL, is the APO Macro 2.8x100, which I use most,

regards Peter

You are right, those are the rear caps of the lenses.

It is important to put them, in order to avoid dust on the sensor.

that is why I carry always a dust blower with me.

The lens you see on the SL, is the APO Macro 2.8x100, which I use most,

regards Peter

I admit I wasn't sure at first, but then I thought no way would I do that, those are caps! I have this R lens too (APO Macro 2.8x100) it is fantastic in the studio where I use it all the time. Unless I use the R60 or an APO-M 90.

I stopped by to visit friends who work at Keeble & Shuchat Photography in Palo Alto today.

KSP is closing at the end of the month. :(

As I arrived, I discovered they are having a "discount and no sales tax" closing sale. A couple of Tenba "Cooper 13SLR" bags were still on the shelf. It has enough room to handle a large SL kit with up to three of my biggest lenses (the SL24-90, Elmarit-R 180/2.8, Telyt-R 250/4, Super-Elmar-R 15/3.5, the SL90-280 should I ever purchase one, etc). I'd considered one before—decided to go for it now.  

It's a very nicely executed bag: Good and simple design, very nice materials, very nicely made like most Tenba bags. It's sort of like my favorite A&A or Black Label shoulder bag in overall design, the "Oskar's One Day Bag Mark II", but sized up just a notch to accommodate the more SLR-like shape of the SL. It has an externally accessible zipped pocket which can handle up to a MacBook Pro 13" as well, and the padded camera insert comes out as one piece turning it into a nice sized messenger bag carryall for general use. Product page: http://www.tenba.com/products/tenba-cooper-13-dslr.aspx#

I stopped by to visit friends who work at Keeble & Shuchat Photography in Palo Alto today.

As I arrived, I discovered they are having a "discount and no sales tax" closing sale. A couple of Tenba "Cooper 13SLR" bags were still on the shelf. It has enough room to handle a large SL kit with up to three of my biggest lenses (the SL24-90, Elmarit-R 180/2.8, Telyt-R 250/4, Super-Elmar-R 15/3.5, the SL90-280 should I ever purchase one, etc). I'd considered one before—decided to go for it now.  

It's a very nicely executed bag: Good and simple design, very nice materials, very nicely made like most Tenba bags. It's sort of like my favorite A&A or Black Label shoulder bag in overall design, the "Oskar's One Day Bag Mark II", but sized up just a notch to accommodate the more SLR-like shape of the SL. It has an externally accessible zipped pocket which can handle up to a MacBook Pro 13" as well, and the padded camera insert comes out as one piece turning it into a nice sized messenger bag carryall for general use. Product page: http://www.tenba.com/products/tenba-cooper-13-dslr.aspx#

The Tenba bag looks useful, especially the Cooper 15, if they have it.  That's my laptop size.  What sort of discount(s) are they offering?

scott

The Tenba bag looks useful, especially the Cooper 15, if they have it.  That's my laptop size.  What sort of discount(s) are they offering?

Ten percent off and no sales tax until everything is gone ... that amounts to nearly 20%. 

But they didn't have any Cooper 15s, only the 13DSLR model—one left as of yesterday at 1pm. 

Oh No! 

It was only every couple of years I could be bothered to go to San Fran, but every trip meant a visit to K&S and to Frys. Now half my trip is meaningless. 

What about their camera collection? 

I always enjoyed my visits there when visiting and living (7 years) in the Bay Area.  Jeff Alford, on the Leica side, was a good guy and very reliable.  And I liked going to their second building to check out the digital printing end of things, including hands-on tests....not common with other dealers, even today.

Bummer, even though I'm no longer in the area.

Jeff

Obviously, it depends upon which bag and which lens you're referring to.  :rolleyes:

A&A makes a healthy range of different bags from small to large. 

If I remove the Velcro dividers in my ACAM1000, the SL and SL24-90 lens fits. 

The "Oskar's One Day Bag Mark II" by BLB is very similar but a bit roomier. The SL + SL24-90 fits the same way as above, and the SL fitted with one R lens fits with two other R or M lenses, depending on exactly which lenses. 

Would the Oskar one day mark ii fit the SL w/h 24-90 attached plus one extra lens like the 135 ROM?

Strange that this suggestion was not considered.  

I would think that the Billigham Rucksack 25 would be ideal.

attachicon.gifimages.jpg

It will take the SL with 2490 and the M with some lenses and plenty more.

Got the bag, The bag is almost full with an SL body, 24-90, 90-280, Noctilux.

quite a load to slug around. trying to get used to it on such a compact bag.

short coming is no room for a Notebook computer. Perhaps only can add an ipad.

I have the side pouches, one for a SF58 flash and another for my square filters,....no more room for others.

Edited by sillbeers15

the Billingham Rucksack 25 is extremely comfortable to carry with a full, reasonably heavy load. for me, this comfort is paramount. it has an internal sleeve pocket which fits a standard ipad & a spacious front pocket for camera accessories, flash, batteries, etc.. the bag is well padded with good weather sealing. the internal layout requires that you put in your camera body (SL) with lens fitted (say, 90-280) then space for two longer lenses either side horizontally & one short (noctilux) vertically at the centre-bottom. with your configuration, sillbeers15, you should be able to fit the sf58 folded inside too.