Reviews

digitalfx

Unfortunately Steve Huff's "thoughts on the SL" has just reinforced my view that he is just out to continue as a popularist blogger with no real or useful information to aid one's decision making when buying/using cameras.

Don't waste your time on that.

It's a rambling about prices and prices and, oh, it looks like a greater than life the Sony a7r2. Zero useful info.

Totally Useless, in my view.

Yevgeny

• Like 1

Not sure PC-rag reviewer even knew what camera he had.  Just cut and pasted some stuff they had on the Q and figured no one that reads an old outdated rag about PCs would know any better .  At least SH's bitter review of the camera he has never seen didn't mix up the SL with the Q.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 1

Don't waste your time on that.

It's a rambling about prices and prices and, oh, it looks like a greater than life the Sony a7r2. Zero useful info.

Totally Useless, in my view.

Yevgeny

Have to say I agree. I used to frequent his site at one point, but then it somehow turned into quite boring product boosting page with less and less relevance.

With regards SL and his editorial, which for some strange reason I decided to read, it came through as bitter to me. I got the impression from it that he was a bit bitter to Leica for not sending a copy for him to test & inviting him to the event. So he seems to be in Sony's pocket now.

Jono's article was once again nice. Though he is "in Leica's pocket", he admits it in every article that he has no desire to write anything negative about the cameras. At the same time though, he isn't making things any more positive than they are in reality. I've owned couple of the camera models later, that he's tested and found his articles to be very accurate based on those.

• Like 6

oh, noticed just now? ;) you might like his other stuff http://huffparanormal.com

I (probably a bit cheekily) posted on his forum very soon after the "SL thoughts" announcement. I suggested that he had totally missed the point regarding the SL and that there were a number of things that made the camera very exciting etc, etc. I suggested that a more considered view might be found in Jono's review of the camera. It remained on his site/page awaiting "moderation" for all of 20 minutes before it mysteriously disappeared!!

How sad, 

How telling....

• Like 1

Jono's article was once again nice. Though he is "in Leica's pocket", he admits it in every article that he has no desire to write anything negative about the cameras. At the same time though, he isn't making things any more positive than they are in reality. ...

If someone has no desire to write anything negative then, at best,  you can call it a positive review. :)

Unfortunately Steve Huff's "thoughts on the SL" has just reinforced my view that he is just out to continue as a popularist blogger with no real or useful information to aid one's decision making when buying/using cameras.

I tried to make some positive remarks on his site but steve removed this comment. As far as i can see he also removed his views on the Leica SL from the banners.