Response needed: Lisbon 2016

andybarton

• 2 weeks later...

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Some people asked me where I and my significant other stayed in Lisbon last summer:

http://www.lxboutiquehotel.com

We truly enjoyed it. IIRC we paid appr. € 125/night for a double bed in high season. It is close to everything on foot.  Shopping, old town, river, tram, train, restaurants.  Plenty of parking available in nearby parkings and on the square 50 meters from the hotel. Valet parking is also offered. The hotel has a very popular restaurant in house, available for breakfast, lunch and dinner.  I think it is one of the most popular restaurants in Lisbon currently. We have not had dinner there, but breakfast was good. I think they should be able to cater for a group the size we had in Vienna.

If by car, don't forget to go out of the city as well: Belem, Cascais (can both easily be reached by a short train ride as well) and Sintra.

Hi Lars, do you think you'll be staying there for the Lisbon Challenge?

Someone had suggested staying in the same area/hotel in a previous post and others have indicated to me how they like the idea. I know there are others who like a more private experience and there are also different budget ranges. We could consider this as a base hotel/area for those looking to start booking.

• Like 3

hi all

if the group can come up with a good hotel suggestion, as in this thread, then we'd certainly try to stay there, simply to have a larger base of contact with the rest of the world travelers over the 3 days.   :)    

cheers

rick & karen

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We visited Lisbon for a day earlier this year. Going back is on the agenda so I'l await developments in the thread.

I hope you decide to come along, Paul, it's always a rewarding weekend, it would be great to meet you and put a face to a name. 

Pete. 

• Like 1