Response needed: Lisbon 2016

andybarton

Just got the news: I should be able to go to Lisbon, and bring a photographer friend with me after having explained the unique challenge of this Challenge: no theme. We'll plan the flights, now.

• Like 7

Looking ahead to the 2017 One Challenge - I looked up flight prices for 7 months ahead to my proposed destination (as I am sure people will think it more expensive than it is). Flights to Beirut were (inc. taxes):-

From Heathrow $424 return.

From Frankfurt $404 return.

These were going out on a Thu and returning on a Monday.

My recent flight there was just $316 from Frankfurt.

• Like 1

Well, if Beirut is chosen, I'll go to Beirut.

Did you find by chance any good flights to Melbourne in May 2017?

Cheers

Stefan

Stefan, ALL flights to Melbourne are good because of the VALUE when you get there. :D

Glad you are enthusiastic.

• Like 5

Advertisement (gone after registration)

It's fantastic that you're coming to my city! I have not met anyone from this forum but I will certainly find time to meet with you and hopefully participate in this challenge. Will also try to convince some friends to join us. Is everyone welcome or just Leica shooters? 

• Like 5

MCA, we look forward to meeting you in Lisbon in October. To participate in the Challenge I believe it is required to have been a Forum member for three months prior to the event. It is necessary to use some Leica component, either  lens or body, or of course both.

Encourage your local Leica user friends to join and we will welcome them.

Stay tuned to this thread as time progresses. There will be gradual updates and additions to plans.

Erl,

As far as I know, and it dates back to the London Challenge of 2004, the only requirements was to be a member of the forum and , as you say, use a Leica body or a Leica lens, or both. I can't remember the pre-requirement of a 3 months membership to that most exclusive club ;) .

• Like 1

Octo, in that case life will be easier all round.

I just wish the event were closer!

I have never committed this far into the future, for anything.

• Like 1

With great sadness we mourn the passing of our friend Rick Petersen. Following a short but serious illness Rick passed away last Friday.
He has been a participant of several One Challenges, where we've met him first. We will sorely miss him and his passion for photography.

Our heartfelt sympathies to his family.

Dagmar & Carsten

http://www.l-camera-forum.com/topic/257980-rip-rickp13/

• Like 6

With great sadness we mourn the passing of our friend Rick Petersen. Following a short but serious illness Rick passed away last Friday.

He has been a participant of several One Challenges, where we've met him first. We will sorely miss him and his passion for photography.

Dagmar & Carsten

I am very sorry to hear this news. Please add our condolences to yours on behalf of his friends on the international side of the forum.

• Like 6

The rules for the Vienna Challenge can be found here: http://www.l-camera-forum.com/topic/235444-the-winner-is-announced-vienna-one-challenge-2015/page-7?do=findComment&comment=2889667

I think the restriction mentioned by John applies to the forum book.

That is correct. There are no restrictions to attending any of The Challenges - indeed people bring along their wives, husbands and parents, and all are welcome!

• Like 1

That is correct. There are no restrictions to attending any of The Challenges - indeed people bring along their wives, husbands and parents, and all are welcome!

And their children.

• Like 3

Dagmar & Carsten

How very sad; I had some interesting and amusing conversations with Rick and Karen in Copenhagen in particular and Vienna.  Carsten, would you very kindly please convey my condolences to Karen if you are in touch and thank you for letting us know.

For those who might be wondering Rick's forum name was RickP13.

Pete.

• Like 2

How very sad; I had some interesting and amusing conversations with Rick and Karen in Copenhagen in particular and Vienna.  Carsten, would you very kindly please convey my condolences to Karen if you are in touch and thank you for letting us know.

For those who might be wondering Rick's forum name was RickP13.

Pete.

That is indeed sad news. I met Rick for the first and only time in Vienna last October but we had a great chat about life in general, and of course our shared passion.  My sympathies to his family.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

It's fantastic that you're coming to my city! I have not met anyone from this forum but I will certainly find time to meet with you and hopefully participate in this challenge. 

We are looking forward to it but could really do with some local knowledge to assist us.

Over the past few years, I have arranged a dinner for any of the participants who want to join us, plus their partners, parents and children in tow. :) In recent years there have been about 40 of us, and finding a suitable venue can be quite difficult without local knowledge. Forum members have assisted with this in the past.

We try to find somewhere that is good value for money, but with good food and a convivial atmosphere.

Can you suggest somewhere, central in the city that might be suitable, please?

Many thanks!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

H-Hmmm

Well, I've just booked the flights - so Emma and I will be there - probably in our normal state of chaos and mayhem!

. . . and we're really excited to be meeting up with so many old friends again!

All the best

Jono & Emma

• Like 5