Adobe to Revert to "Old" Import Dialog in LR 6.3

• 5 weeks later...

So far I've only seen the CC version, not standalone.

I'm still on 6.0 standalone...does anyone know if one can download 6.3 without first downloading interim versions?

This is another example of hideous Adobe support.  I tried to ask them the simple question, but they would not accept phone or chat support for standalone users..only forum questions.  Clearly they want to make the standalone experience so miserable that users will migrate to CC.  And, even then, product strategy is driven by the mobile market, not desktop (which is part of the import issue).

In the past, with prior LR standalone versions, a pop-up would appear when opening the application if any upgrade was available.  All one needed to do was make one click and done.  Now there's no communication....one needs to explore on their own.

I used to like Adobe, but now they're becoming more like Apple every day (which I also used to like).

Jeff

Yes you can

Calm down, it's only an application, its not life and death

You're excused for being new to the forum.   Hardly even a mild rant....on well worn topics here.

But not cool to begin by lecturing.   I've answered dozens of questions from others here on basic applications....we all understand the context, thanks.

Jeff