Leica Q iOS App 1.1 available

• 9 months later...

Will an ipad even recognize DNG files?

I just tried to send one over, to see.  Couldn't email it, too big of a file.  I tried dropbox, when I tried the "Open with... " function which shows you what apps on the ipad can open the file, it gave no results.  I do have the Q app on there, which I haven't really used for anything, though the dropbox app might not necessarily recognize that.  Does the Q app recognize DNG files?

Edited by stevieboy

iPads will recognize the Q dng files.. the leica Q app as of this writing will only transfer jpg's.

if you use the  apple camera connection dongle the iPad will import dng's and they are editable by many apps (mobile ps/photogene/lightroom/photoraw/pirawnha to name a few  each have their +'s and -'s

Edited by prk60091

DNG files to import.  App has no documentation (that I can find), so how do I put DNG into my iPad workflow?  Thank you!

I recently bought one of these: http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/897276-REG/Apple_md822zm_a_Lightning_to_SD_Card.html

The link is just to show you the device.   The price is the same at the apple store.  Or you can try one of the knock offs available at places like amazon.com.  Pay attention to the reviews if you go that route.   Works well.  Once the images are imported into photos you can make them available to Lightroom (assuming you are a Lightroom CC user).  You get the raw image. to work with.   At least that is the case with the iPad pro.