Should we expect a firmware update for M(240)?

ho_co

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Does anyone know if Leica intends to make a clean-up firmware update for the M(240)?

I find it very annoying that the Date/Time Settings are tied to the User Profiles.

Any likelihood that a firmware update may take care of that anomaly?

Does anyone know if Leica intends to make a clean-up firmware update for the M(240)?

I find it very annoying that the Date/Time Settings are tied to the User Profiles.

Any likelihood that a firmware update may take care of that anomaly?

Yes exactly and they are also way overdue correcting the GPS feature from the current delete period of five minutes, which is shorter than the period it takes to acquire or reacquire satellites - duh!! Leica have been promising me a revision of this for over a year now to a 2 or 3 hour GPS position retention. Apparently they "forgot" to do it on the last FW update in July. Too busy sorting out M9 sensors I suppose. 

Wilson

• Like 1

Well, I remember them telling me to my face that there were no lockup problems while using the EVF and also that I was also the first one to bring up cable release problems so that was also a non-issue for them.

Then Leica USA told me I was correct on both counts after over one year. I will NEVER forget how they made me feel after traveling over to Germany to get to the bottom of those issues only to find out I was correct on both counts. NEVER!

• Like 1

So Wilson I feel your pain every time I have GPS connection issues in the field.

Lou, 

For the most part I no longer bother with the currently useless MF grip and use the much neater Photo-Equip dumb one instead. 

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Lou, 

There is nothing wrong with the unit, just the way that Leica altered the firmware. It means pretty much as soon as you go into a building or even the shadow of one, you lose your last position and then have a null GPS position until it re-acquires. Trying to use it in a city, heavy tree cover or in mountainous territory, is a waste of time. Also as it takes usually about 5 minutes or more to acquire a satellite lock, you cannot just switch your M240 on to take four or five images and expect them to have any GPS position. If I want GPS position definitely (nowadays editors like it on pictures accompanying travelogues, so they can check the locations), I end up disabling auto switch off, which then means carrying three batteries.

I was very surprised that my Leica C112 does not have GPS, when my wife's older V-Lux 20 does.