Disable video?

Advertisement (gone after registration)

If not maybe this should be a firmware request, but curious if there is a way to disable the camera from recording video. Twice this week I've found it unintentionally recording when I've gone to take a photo. I must be squeezing the movie button when moving it around somehow.

Luckily I have the setting to take photos while recording so I didn't miss a shot, but it's distracting the camera take a bit to process before I can delete the video. 

Are you sure you are indeed recording video? For instance, if you have the main switch set to "continuous" the resulting sequence will appear as a "play" option in your preview, similar to an option to play video...

I am personally finding it difficult to accidentaly press video button when taking photos.

Yeah, I'm recording video and it's not happening when I press the shutter. What I think is going on is I have the camera on it's strap strung along my back and I think that after I take a photo and I'm repositioning it back around, I'm pinching the top and bottom of the camera, right where the video button is. That's my best guess, it happened the other day and I thought it was a fluke, I had to actually look up how to record video:-) 

Then it happened today and I had been recording video for several minutes before I caught it.