New Leica MP Meter Problem

I need the camera for my wedding weekend in two weeks and want to have an in-camera meter. 

Are you saying that you are the groom?

Why are you worrying about taking pictures at your own wedding?

Wondering how to fix/compensate for a camera should be the last thing on your mind...I can't even imagine having a camera around my neck at my own wedding. That doesn't make sense to me.

In any case, you have options (use another camera) and send that one in or get it replaced. One constant with Leica...no problem is a quick one.

• 2 weeks later...

My take was that he's not the groom, but was getting the feeling the lucky couple are very close, and his desire to do a special job is personal. Even though he has other Leicas, this event was the straw that promoted him to take the step to bump his M7 down to second fiddle.

well, it's my imagination, but I feel the disappointment. 

I hope they get your replacement camera in in good time for the wedding.

PiB, at my last wedding , I had a M7 and MP (see the thread "I like the film" in "other") *
Both have worked well.
Brute question : you have the correct reference of the battery ?

Varta or another brand CR1 / 3N

If the MP is new and if you still have problems for exposure measuring , return to the seller
Good luck

Best

Henry

http://www.l-camera-forum.com/topic/205842-i-like-filmopen-thread/?p=2904282

http://www.l-camera-forum.com/topic/205842-i-like-filmopen-thread/?p=2905525

Edited by Doc Henry

• 2 weeks later...

I got a brand new Leica MP in August and am having some problems with the meter. I just got my first roll of film processed and everything came out underexposed. I then compared meter readings in the camera with those from my handheld meter and the camera is giving a reading that's two stops underexposed compared to the Sekonic meter. I tried changing batteries in the camera, but it's still doing the same thing. Does anyone have any suggestions? 

Thanks!

I once had a metering problem, when the battery was almost drained. Try a different battery?