MAC OSX 10.11, anybody updated yet?

So just so I understand, Office 2011 is stable on El C? Thank you.

Office for Mac 2008 is still working ok for me under 10.11.1. I have a bug in Excel which means dates are stuck in USA format, but I've had that since Mavericks, and I live with it. I gave up on Entourage some years back though, and migrated everything to the Apple Mail, Calendar and Contacts apps. Not because I had problems, just to get everything syncing with the iPad

So no change noticed with El Cap here

Jim

• Like 1

I have upgraded to El Capitan 10.11.01 on my MacBook Air and LR6/PS6 worked fine but the plug in for EFEX Pro 2 does not work and has disappeared from the LR plug-in directory. Tried to reinstall the plug-in but got LR6 error msg.

I searched the web but did not find a similar problem with Macs. I have sent a bug report to Nik (now owned by Google).

Incidentally, I got the EFEX Pro 2 download with my Leica M Monochrome. I then upgraded to M246 with the sensor corrosion offer but when I entered the TAN code I got with the M246 to see if I could download the latest version of EFEX I see Leica are not offering EFEX Pro free anymore just LR, that surprised me as I thought they would be offering the same software with both cameras. 

Just an update on my previous post. After logging a support call with Nik Software they requested my original s/w key for EFEX Pro, I sent them the s/w agreement number issued by Leica when I downloaded the s/w and Nik issued me with an update download link. The plug-in and associated s/w now works with El Capitan. So if you have the s/w given with the MM1 you can upgrade via this method if you chose to do so when moving to Mac El Capitan.

Please read this. Adobe CC has serious issues with El Capitan. Some folks have experienced errors during CC product installs.

"UPDATE 2: It looks like most of Adobe's Creative Cloud/Creative Suite apps are working just fine except for those tethering with Nikon or Leica cameras to programs like Lightroom. This is a known issue according to Adobe, and they currently recommend holding off on updating if tethering these brands are critical to your workflow. Additionally, CaptureOne is having some issues working properly as well as Logic Pro and numerous other professional apps. Essentially, continue to use caution and numerous backup procedures/fail-safes if you want to update on a production machine (or, take the safe route and just wait until the developers of your software say it's safe to update).".

https://fstoppers.com/apps/psa-what-you-need-know-upgrading-os-x-1011-el-capitan-today-88787

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I am now running 10.11.2 Beta #4 on my Retina MacBook Pro and 10.1.1 on my Mac Mini Media Server. El Capitan is a huge improvement on the mess that was Yosemite. Everything just works now. The only issue I have is about once a week, Safari crashes the system on my MBP but I am running a beta, so not wholly unexpected. However nowadays a crash does not seem to cause unlinked files and folders, requiring a hard disc repair like it used to. Repairing permissions is also a thing of the past. El Capitan sorts it all automatically. This was probably the smoothest upgrade since Lion went to Mountain Lion. 

We are just looking into replacing our two oldest Macs, a 2004 PowerMac (dual 2.3 gHz) and a 2006 iMac (core2 Duo 2.4 gHz), not that there is anything wrong with them but they will not run modern business software. My wife will probably replace the PowerMac with a 12" Retina MacBook and I will replace my iMac with a Mac Mini and use the 23" LED screen off the Powermac. 

Wilson

PS I am no problems at all with PS CC 2015/Bridge/LR6.3. I did in the early days of Yosemite but not since. Capture One is working fine also but no support as yet for the SL. I am chivvying Jakub for this to be implemented asap. 

Edited by wlaidlaw
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

To save folks time who may be having this same issue with El  Capitan. My Apple DVD Superdrive, connected via USB to a Thunderbolt screen which in turn is connected to a MacBook Air does not work or even power up. The Superdrive connected directly to the MacBook Air via USB does work. This is logged with Apple and is now recognised as a known problem of which a s/w patch will hopefully be issued.

• Like 1