MAC OSX 10.11, anybody updated yet?

I've just put a cheap SSD in a mid-2009 MBP (max RAM) and downloaded 10.11. Old computer and not essential but still running well so figured it was worth doing. Looks fine so far but really haven't used it much as yet. (The computer I'm on at the moment runs 10.9.5).

Updated Mac Pro at home, iMac in the office, 11" Macbook Air and my daughter's 13" MBP - all continue to work as before.

I haven't gone looking for differences or upgrades - LR (CC2015) seems to work.  Sadly, LetterOpener doesn't work; so attachments sent from computers owned by people who don't understand that Microsoft Outlook is not universal come up as "WinMail.Dat" files (actually, it's only one person who still does this, and it's a problem).

All I've noticed so far is that the desktop picture is different ...

capture one Pro 8.3.3 works under el captain

Half your luck.  It won't work for me, and Phase One have said that it is not compatible.  They expect a new release soon.  The issue lies with using Open CL from what I gather.  Their forum is alive with people who, like me, have no luck from 8.3.

Half your luck.  It won't work for me, and Phase One have said that it is not compatible.  They expect a new release soon.  The issue lies with using Open CL from what I gather.  Their forum is alive with people who, like me, have no luck from 8.3.

Hi,

CaptureOne 8.3 should work if you do the following (cited from PhaseOne forum):

Open the Terminal.app (from /Applications/Utilities) and enter the following commands:

defaults write com.phaseone.captureone8 UseOpenCL 0

defaults write com.phaseone.captureone8 UseOpenCLForProcessing 0

This will stop Capture One from using OpenCL. The commands are equivalent to changing the OpenCL options under "Hardware Acceleration" (General Settings). When Phase One have a fix, you can re-enable via the preferences...

Hope it helps...

Frank

• Like 1

I was wrong! Under El Capitan Photoshop CS5.1 2 is broken.

It complains about Java, with the only option is to quit.

The fixes from Terminal did not work.

:angry:

Older versions of Photoshop need a Java Update and have done for months, even on the older OS

Older versions of Photoshop need a Java Update and have done for months, even on the older OS

First, to correct my post above: just a few minutes I got the new (to me) download for the correct Java, file javaforosx.dmg,  installed it and Photoshop now works.

It worked before El Capitan (10.11), so there remains a mystery. It might have to do with my version of Photoshop that I got while still working at the University. Version 5.1 2, White Rabbit V12.1 x32. Another mystery!

photoshop-white-rabbit.jpg

Edited by pico

Adobe is working on a fix, but neither Leicas nor Nikons will work tethered in Lightroom under El Capitan. See http://www.pdnonline.com/gear/Lightroom-Tethering-Issue-Reported-in-OS-El-Capitan-14699.shtml.

So if you use tethering with Lightroom, it's best to hold off on the El Capitan upgrade for the moment.