New Toy... FOCORAPID

Advertisement (gone after registration)

An odd accessory I thought of for some time... ;) ; and finally took, by chance right from its native Country...

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

with its native lens (no ring)

and one which it wasn't officially made for... but fits as well as the 200 f4...

(sorry for the "nonsense" setup with M8 and LEM/VIS instead of Viso... B) ...just for composition)

Edited by luigi bertolotti
  • Like 6

Bravo Luigi 

Welcome to the club  :)

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 2

Yes... bought from a Canadian dealer ; and it was a Leitz Canada design, targeted mainly at sport / action photography , but it was sold also in Europe, though Leitz Wetzlar never listed the rare adapter to mount the Telyt 400 f5 lenshead... the "normal" ring set is made by three devices  : one is inside the main box and is for the lensehead of Telyt 280 (2nd version - see the picture of JC), the other two (see the small boxes in my first picture) are for lenshead of Hektor/Elmar 135 mm and for lenshead of Telyt 200mm f 4,5  (the Telyt 200 f4, as shown above, fits directly on the device). The three "pins" are adjustable to preset 3 focusing sistances, to switch quickly from one to another. It needed to be focused through Visoflex II/III... you can easily find further info in the Wiki section. The concept of "focus presetting" was implemented also in the (later) Televit device, with two presetting knobs and usable for 280/400 5,6/560 5,6 Telyts. 

Edited by luigi bertolotti

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I start to hate you two, JC and Luigi B)

So do you use those two levers on the barrel to focus?

..ehm... I think no... ;) , haven't yet gone out with it, but in-house handling shows that the lateral knob is a pleasure to use and, most of all, those odd devices are kept by me to be used, time to time, in very comfortable situations... B) the presetting levers were designed for action taking...