Is Sean Reid testing R lenses on a new M body?

BerndReini

This is pure speculation but Sean Reid is asking his subscribers to lend him a set of R lenses and an M adapter for testing. I wonder why he is suddenly interested in testing R lenses. Seems to me that he might be in possession of a new M body to test those lenses with. B)

... or he is comparing the R lenses on a M body with those R lenses on a different body... 

• Like 3

Could be... I offered him a couple of mine, and Sean is getting his program together (he says).

But you know, Leica or its employees in Wetzlar have multiple copies of every R lens. And those pieces can be validated before testing.

My hunch is his query is only as it appears. Also, the new body would require an adapter for R that Leica will announce only ship one year later.

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Interesting - reinvention, new milestone, portfolio of cameras and lenses.  Sounds like what we've been anticipating. 

I might have have to rest scribe to Sean's website - more fruit and veges, the backs of people's heads and blurry coins!  Yay!  Actually, Sean if you read this, ditch the Flash site, and I'll resubscribe. 

Interesting - reinvention, new milestone, portfolio of cameras and lenses.  Sounds like what we've been anticipating. 

I might have have to rest scribe to Sean's website - more fruit and veges, the backs of people's heads and blurry coins!  Yay!  Actually, Sean if you read this, ditch the Flash site, and I'll resubscribe. 

Several times, I have sworn that I won't subscribe again because of the Flash basis for Sean's site. Then, when I really need a top-notch review, I give in and resubscribe! Not again ... (or so I say now).

• Like 3

Sean understandably wants to protect his work by having a paid site.  I am sympathetic.   But the site is very difficult (I am being charitable) to read on either a computer or a tablet and I am going to let my subscription lapse.  There must be a different way; Sean is not the only one trying to protect content.   But he has, so far, stubbornly (IMHO) refused to budge.   

Personally I have dumped Flash off my system, so I cannot subscribe to his site. I would if he would dump Flash.

John

Same with me.  As a whole, I don´t miss Flash at all; very few sites seem to stick with it nowadays.  Only Reidreviews.... :huh: .  I´d be resubscribing in a flash ( :p ) if Sean would only use a working interface for the reviews.  The contents were first rate.

The comments at the bottom are very interesting including this little gem. Looks like a new R actually, so back in the trad DSLR market then.

Credited to Dr Kaufmann's facebook page no less.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Edited by Rapierwitman

Flash has too many security issues.  I haven't had it installed on my computer for about a year now.  Sorry Sean, I understand the issue of DRM, but I won't subscribe to your out-dated site again.  

I sent Sean a link years ago about people called Wordpress who off a hosting system for things like blogs and reviews, which all run in HTML (probably HTML5 now) and works miles better than his horrible Flash system. I said I was leaving and would not come back until he replaced Flash. It is not even as if it is secure. I have software which can grab things off Flash pages. 

Personally I have dumped Flash off my system, so I cannot subscribe to his site. I would if he would dump Flash.

HTML5 would be better. It is a learning leap, but I'm looking into Adobe Flash Professional CC.