Cases for the Q

i got the Angelo Pelle half case from Florence, really a stunning piece of art ! is not my first half case from them, but this for Q is the best in my point of view

all hand made and with a practical grip and  opening for memory card /battery

here is the link 

http://www.angelo-pelle.com/half-case-leica--q.html

i got in red but i was also tempted in camouflage ,here is photo from their website is too late now for doing photo  :D

leica_Q_red-case-withneckstrap.jpg

• Like 2

Hi

I got the old fashioned without the magnetic flap

I should have gone that way though

I was worried if it doesnt close securely

Thank you.  The local Leica store which carries these said the flap does close securely and I ordered one from them.  I don't have to keep it if I determine the flap doesn't work correctly.  More importantly, I'm still waiting on the Q to arrive to use the case!

• Like 1

i got the Angelo Pelle half case from Florence, really a stunning piece of art ! is not my first half case from them, but this for Q is the best in my point of view

all hand made and with a practical grip and  opening for memory card /battery

here is the link 

http://www.angelo-pelle.com/half-case-leica--q.html

i got in red but i was also tempted in camouflage ,here is photo from their website is too late now for doing photo  :D

leica_Q_red-case-withneckstrap.jpg

I got the same last week, but I am not so happy since the leather in the back covers very small part of the back screen (the top 1 mm of the screen) and also it is difficult to use "play" button on the back... is it the same with yours?

thanks!

I got the same last week, but I am not so happy since the leather in the back covers very small part of the back screen (the top 1 mm of the screen) and also it is difficult to use "play" button on the back... is it the same with yours?

thanks!

can you post some real life photos of the case? how is the usage of the 4 way button?

Advertisement (gone after registration)

thanks!

If the rear camera view on the A-P website is examined carefully, it suggests that the play button is just clear of the edge of the cutout.   There isn't much spare leather to increase the opening but since they are hand made, it's possible that yours is 1mm out of design specification.  On previous purchases from various case manufacturers I've noticed similar problems.  It sounds like yours is on the wrong side of the spec.  Perhaps others buyers will confirm if this is a problem that is being repeated and I'm sure A-P will sort it out for you.  Keep us updated.

My predicament relates to choosing a colour.  Tempted by black, but love the Testa di Moro and the Red.   Decisions.. Decisions!

Did you purchase a matching strap?

thanks!

my display is free and i see all icons , anyway i almost never use the display, i preffer to watch inside EVF for all, even when i review photos (i look a little bit crazy when i m out looking inside viewfinder pointing the camera toward the ground  :ph34r:

also  play button is accessible, i don't have big fingers  :D  :p

anyway i like how this leather around LCD protect the LCD itself, even if it will hit something is well protected, i heard (and i m very afraid) about Q lcd weekness, a problem that was

highlighted in this forum  :(

here is how it look

q_lcd_display.jpg

• Like 1

It is clear from the pictures that the top of the LCD is covered ... and in order to see the icons I have to lift the camera up 

The "play" button is difficult to be used since it is too close to the leather edge...

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

It is clear from the pictures that the top of the LCD is covered ... and in order to see the icons I have to lift the camera up 

The "play" button is difficult to be used since it is too close to the leather edge...

attachicon.gifIMG_1018.jpg

attachicon.gifIMG_1019.jpg

attachicon.gifIMG_1020.jpg

Your case is clearly wrong and I'm sure you would be able to have it exchanged if you ask the manufacturer to deal with the problem.  

• Like 2

@leicatraveller

Did you purchase a matching strap apart from the case ?

The advert shows a strap, and a strap is mentioned in the Testa di Moro description :huh:

The website is confusing with regard to the Testa di Moro version.  That's what is stopping me from placing my order.  Can anyone else confirm what they received from AP.

• Like 1

The website is confusing with regard to the Testa di Moro version.  That's what is stopping me from placing my order.  Can anyone else confirm what they received from AP.

Indeed this is confusing. I think part of the descriptions are copied and pasted from other descriptions, like in the common description "... IN LINE WITH THE LEICA T SHAPE" . I don't think that the strap is included.

• Like 2

I just received the Gariz case for the Q. Bought that one because I have their half cases for the M240, the MM and M9 and I've really liked them. The metal base on these cases is great.

http://www.gariz.com/product/detail.html?product_no=875&cate_no=247&display_group=1

or

http://www.amazon.de/GARIZ-Kameratasche-Aluminiumboden-funktionellen-powered/dp/B0156SN8V8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1443604041&sr=8-1&keywords=gariz+leica+q

For a camera "bag" rather than a case, I love this company's unique products:

http://www.hardgraft.com/products/boxcamerabag-classic

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Edited by kmak817
  • Like 2

For a camera "bag" rather than a case, I love this company's unique products:

http://www.hardgraft.com/products/boxcamerabag-classic

Thanks:   I have to agree...  very nice..  especially in blue... and at least the bag is going to be usable for other bodies...  so I'll think about it.

Edited by lucerne
  • Like 1

I am also looking for a case for Q, and I do have specific needs so I created this spreadsheet to keep track:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1HmkyTx4yPZB-BCTT5zhnl-dh-Rql3g4Fm0YMi4d6N3k/edit?usp=sharing

Thought it would be useful for you guys as well, so far it seems that the Arte di mano case is the only option that satisfy all my needs, though the price tag is a bit hard to swallow :(

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I have been looking at half cases for my Q which should arrive next week. I have had Luigi cases before for several M's but I am also looking at Gariz and the Leica case. I am going to be traveling in early November so I would like to have it in the next two weeks. Any thoughts on fit and finish as well as protection and added weight/bulk of these cases?