Cases for the Q

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Sorry if this has been covered but I didn't see a topic on it. Curious if anyone has found a case they like using to bring their Q around with them and might share a link to where they bought it. 

For myself, while I mostly see myself just taking the camera out alone, I do want to find something convenient for the times I'd like to have it safe in a case or bag, traveling etc. For my old micro 4/3rds I used a couple of different bags from Crumpler that I liked, but do not fit in with the Leica, one is too small, and one(that I stored extra lenses etc) is too big. 

Ideally I'd like to find something that is just larger enough to fit the entire camera in and easy to pull it out, I saw one that is made for a Sony that wasn't bad, but it's zippered and I think I would rather have a clasp or similar. 

Either way, I would be curious how people are bring their *new* Leica Q around with them, thanks!

The half case from Leica is ideal for the camera, and the only addition I made was to add a small grip for the front as shown,  works very well, good cost $99 at B&H for the Leica case and $9 for the stick on grip.

Here is the grip

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0058BW0LS?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s00

• Like 1

Thanks, been thinking about a half case, is this the one from B&H($129) http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1160028-REG/leica_19501_leica_q_protector_for.html

Yes. That's the one.  I have this Leica leather  case and it provides maximum protection without adding any thickness to the camera It's surface finish matches the Q body.  The magnetic access flap for battery changes also holds a spare sdcard.    

Edited by lucerne
  • Like 1

Extra grip for the Leica Half case.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 1

Sorry if this has been covered but I didn't see a topic on it. Curious if anyone has found a case they like using to bring their Q around with them and might share a link to where they bought it. 

For myself, while I mostly see myself just taking the camera out alone, I do want to find something convenient for the times I'd like to have it safe in a case or bag, traveling etc. For my old micro 4/3rds I used a couple of different bags from Crumpler that I liked, but do not fit in with the Leica, one is too small, and one(that I stored extra lenses etc) is too big. 

Ideally I'd like to find something that is just larger enough to fit the entire camera in and easy to pull it out, I saw one that is made for a Sony that wasn't bad, but it's zippered and I think I would rather have a clasp or similar. 

Either way, I would be curious how people are bring their *new* Leica Q around with them, thanks!

Domke FX5

• Like 1

I've just come across a review of a half-case for the Q by macfilos.  It's well worth looking at if you are looking for a protective case.  The case was made by Paul Glendell (www.glendell.co.uk) who is both a fully-trained saddle maker and leather worker and a professional photographer!  He is also uses Leicas for his professional work.  I have two of Paul's half cases on my M9 and M-E cameras and am delighted with them.  They've protected the cameras since new and they are both still in near mint condition.

The Q is next on my purchase list I will certainly be contacting him for a case.

• Like 2

My apologies.

After posting my comments I realise I've not provided there right link to Paul Glendell's case site.  The correct link is www.classiccases.co.uk.  My apologies.  Put it down to old age and stupidity!

The £10 discount on the Q case that is exclusive to leica forum newsletter readers which was sent out with the Forum newsletter a few weeks ago is still active it is: LEICAQ

Ordered this one http://www.wotancraft.com/product.php?pid=150&lan=_en    Still waiting for my Q!  :(  ^_^ 

Comes from Taiwan. Got the bag in just a few day after ordering (Shipped to US)... I really like this bag!!

This is a very nice looking bag! Curious, it's obviously designed to hold a 2nd lens, what do you envision using that extra space for? I would be all over something like this if it were a little bit smaller. So on need for extra lens space.

Have a look at a very low cost high quality bag/insert.  I have been using these for years, both as an insert and stand alone.  I have one STM bag med size  stmbags.com  and several of the Jill e inserts each with a different camera.  As I decide which camera to take with I just pick the insert with the camera I want and place into the STM bag.  Works very well.

http://www.jill-e.com/for-him/camera-insert-bag